Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Discordia and Christianity

Started by Paiyaku, October 07, 2008, 04:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 14, 2008, 02:10:28 AM
Quote from: Cain on October 13, 2008, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: Felix on October 11, 2008, 07:11:20 PMAnd dude, we've never been best of amigos AFAIK, but my impression is that you're not at any forum cred deficit.  If we made a "Who here dislikes Cain?" thread, it would likely fill up with joke alts and off-topic fluff, accompanied by flaming the OP.

You appear to be operating under the misapprehension that people would openly declare themselves.

I could name names, but it would only create an even bigger shitstorm, so why bother?

Do tell.

Seconded. It wouldn't be PD.com without a good shitstorm every now and then, would it?

Jasper

That's what I get for a well-meaning remark.  I'm leaving this thread to it's own devices.  It's not like I can be of any help.

the last yatto

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

Quote from: YattoDobbs on October 14, 2008, 07:58:30 AM
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try

Only do.

Honey

Quote from: Burns on October 08, 2008, 03:46:09 AM
trying to balance out discord and order is another greyface illusion.  you're ordering your disorder/order.  transcend. realize you're above that order/disorder (and any other opposites you'd care to throw in there).  Didn't Jesus say something about when you bring the two into the one you will know my God or something?

i figure if you drop enough dualities you might just meet the one who is writing your story.  :lulz:

I like how you said this Burns.   :)

Quote(22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."

They said to him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the kingdom?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom."

http://www.webcom.com/gnosis/naghamm/gthlamb.html
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote(22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to his disciples, "These infants being suckled are like those who enter the kingdom."

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom."

And they say Jesus was more than just a drugged-out hippie.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Honey on October 15, 2008, 12:13:06 PM
Quote from: Burns on October 08, 2008, 03:46:09 AM
trying to balance out discord and order is another greyface illusion.  you're ordering your disorder/order.  transcend. realize you're above that order/disorder (and any other opposites you'd care to throw in there).  Didn't Jesus say something about when you bring the two into the one you will know my God or something?

i figure if you drop enough dualities you might just meet the one who is writing your story.  :lulz:

I like how you said this Burns.   :)

thats the line!  Gospel of Thomas.  Thanks!  i forgot where i read that.

Honey

I actually like Gospel of Thomas.  That one quote there always makes me think, amongst other things, of that song ...

D'ya come from a land down under?
Where the women Glow & the men Thunder?
Canya hear Canya hear the Thunder?
Y'better run & y'better take cover ...

(I also like reading some of the other Xian folks like especially Meister Eckhart, Francis of Asissi, William of Ockham (of Razor fame), Thomas Aquinas, others)

Glowing, going, gone ...
:wave:
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Bu🤠ns

wow you have real fun with your chritiananity   :lulz:

the gospel of judas make me always reminded me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1E0Nmm8gG4

Honey

ah hahaha!  guess I gotta read Gospel of Judas then? 

(a strange twist?  the where that yutube was filmed reminded me of an apartment I lived in about 10 years ago)
Fuck the status quo!

-Bertrand Russell