News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Oh, look.  My cameraphone uploads to photobucket.

Tonight, it's roast chicken with garlic beets.

Oven at 500.

Salt and pepper bird.

Wrap beets in foil.

Bird in roasting pan, beets on baking sheet.

Into oven

Wait 45 minutes.

Remove beets.  There they are!

Peel beets (you might want to let them cool).

Chop beets into large chunks.  Oooh, pretty.

Smash and rough chop some garlic (wine cork included in picture for perspective).

Ok, it's been about 15 minutes.  Get that bird out.

What's that, you say?  You want gravy?

Remove bird from roasting pan.  That's flavor country, right there.

Take out the chicken fat until about 2 Tb remain.  Then add 2Tb flour, with the burner on low heat.

Stir, dammit!

Ok, keep your eye on that, and add some olive oil to the skillet, low heat.

Add the garlic.  Hey, that smells good.

It's been a few minutes, looks like the roux has browned up nicely.  Add some stock slowly.  Keep stirring.  Get the bits of fond worked in there.

Looks like the garlic has just begun to sizzle.  Throw in the beets to warm through. Salt/pepper to taste.  Add a pat of butter.

Wow, look how that gravy has thickened up.  We're just about ready.

Looks like we're ready to go!

Darth Cupcake

*blink*

So, you do this, like, OFTEN?

Do you have a sexy single young apprentice or something? :p
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

That's what I do every night, my darling.  On a personal scale of difficult, that's about a 2.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 02:46:08 PM
That's what I do every night, my darling.  On a personal scale of difficult, that's about a 2.

Like I said... Got any strapping young apprentices you'd like to sell to me? 8)

LMNO

Heh.  If I had a strapping young apprentice, Mrs LMNO would never leave the house.

Luckily she just has a fat, old chef who occasionally forgets to wear pants under his apron.

Cramulus

I seldom cook anything more complicated than a simple marinaide, but I think you've sold me on this one.

120 days of sodom? hahahhaha nice

LMNO

It seems a habit on these kinds of threads that there's always some sort of unusal book somewhere in the photo...

Kai

I hope there will be many more days of this thread.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

LMNO

I'll do what I can.

I'm making a Kale soup with sausage and potato tonight.  I'll see what I can do.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Kai

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 04:57:51 PM
I'll do what I can.

I'm making a Kale soup with sausage and potato tonight.  I'll see what I can do.

Thats sounds  :fap:-worthy.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Richter

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 03:16:41 PM
It seems a habit on these kinds of threads that there's always some sort of unusal book somewhere in the photo...

You may have just one-upped my copy of "The History of Torture"...

In the literary / culinary sense IT IS ON! :lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 03:08:02 PM
Heh.  If I had a strapping young apprentice, Mrs LMNO would never leave the house.

Can't you just tell her he's a present for a friend?

Luckily she just has a fat, old chef who occasionally forgets to wear pants under his apron.

:fap:

I really need to come into ownership of a 50's housewife style apron for exactly that purpose. Except on me.

LMNO

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 08, 2008, 05:12:22 PM

I really need to come into ownership of a 50's housewife style apron for exactly that purpose. Except on me.

:fap: :lmnuendo: :fap: :lmnuendo: :fap: :lmnuendo: :fap:

Eve

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 08, 2008, 05:12:22 PM

Despite clearly being a different style of apron, I have now just pictured you as Renee Zellwioaggwearwer in Empire Records. But HAWTer. :fap:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.