News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

LMNO your meals look fucking fantastic! I really wish I could cook like you! Keep posting please!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Jenne

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 14, 2008, 03:16:14 PM
Quote from: Eve on October 14, 2008, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 14, 2008, 01:38:58 AM
I make pumpkin curry soup every year--and I make the butternut squash as well.  Squash is a great food--I don't think we use it enough in this country.  Mostly just use pumpkin for pie, etc.  But not enough of it is appreciated.  My husband's aunt just made pumpkin borani (like the eggplant I shared) and it was soooo good.

Squash.  Is.  Flexible.

Made butternut squash risotto, and will likely be eating leftovers for the rest of the week.. but even for the leftovers-weary, it's DELICIOUS and worth every bite. :D Will post recipe later if there's interest.

Post recipe, sexy fraulein!

Also, speaking of sexy frauleins, god damn LMNO, that meat loaf looks tasty, and I'm not big on meat loaf. Cheese pocket? Amazing! I <3 cheese. I <3 pockets. It's like a match made in heaven.

I haven't seen the cheese pocket before--my kids are gonna go crazy nutso for that.  I've heard of the hard-boiled egg in there, but never cheese.

Cheese ALL THE WAY!

Iason Ouabache

Cheese INSIDE the meatloaf!!  That's fucking brilliant.  I wonder why I never thought of that before. Sounds like the most awesome thing ever.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

The Dark Monk

I love your bitch-tits. I might make it myself.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

LMNO

I bet Suu still wouldn't eat it.

Anyway, I think I might have gotten lazy on this one.  So, here's some liquids:

And there's some cubed tofu in a mix of the soy, mirin, rice vinegar, nam pla, and sesame oil.

Looks like we've got some more kale.  Better remove the stems, chop it, and wash it.

And here are some sesame and flax seeds toasting.

Blanch that kale for 2 minutes in boiling salted water.

Then shock it!

It's a shallot!  Slice it thin!

Shallot goes on top of kale!

Mirin, rice vinegar, lime juice, nam pla, soy, olive oil, and the toasted seeds!  Dump it onto the kale!

Fry the tofu in oil over high heat!  (Save the marinating liquid!)

Bell pepper!

Turn down the heat, and sautee the bell pepper!

Did I mention there was garlic?  Whoops.  Add that when pepper is soft.

Make a slurry of cornstarch and water, mix into marinating liquid.  Pour some of the liquid into the pan, let thicken.

Add tofu back into the pan, warm through.

Arrange dressed kale and tofu mixture on plate; sprinkle with remaining seeds.  Chili paste on the side as optional.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

No, it was a vehicle for soy sauce, garlic, and bell pepper, and added a nice textural contrast to the main ingredient of the dish, kale.

But not food.

LMNO

Jasper

::Checks pantry::

Something is wrong.

I have no cornstarch.  :sadbanana:

East Coast Hustle

you have no chance to survive.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 15, 2008, 06:33:06 PM
you have no chance to survive.

Guess I'll just have to make my thyme.

:rimshot:

LMNO

Gah!

Hard way:

Remove veggies after sautee.

Add 1 Tbl of oil.
Add 1 Tbl of flour.

Make roux with the same method as the Chicken Episode.

Instead of adding stock to make gravy, add marinade liquid.

Continue.

Jasper

Ok, that would work.

Though I prefer butter for my roux, is there a good reason not to use it with this?

LMNO

Nope, any 1:1 combination of fat to flour.

Supposedly, olive oil has less bad cholesterol, or something.

LMNO
-still 20 lb over ideal weight.