News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cainad (dec.)

BUMP because I want to see all four "Cooking with ______" threads at the top of this subforum.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Tofu can be good. I once had freshly-made silken tofu with black sesame seeds.
SWEET JEEBUS!

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

LMNO

Doesnt matter. STILL NOT FOOD.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2008, 07:05:33 AM
I like tofu.

I like whiskey.

and yet, I cannot buy it with food stamps.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Fun with Fractal Food:  Romanesco.

Look at this thing.  It's gorgeous.

Let's have that with some haddock.  First step: Onions, garlic and BACON.

Meanwhile, cut off the Fractal Florets, arrange in roasting pan, oil/salt/pepper.  Put in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or so.

In a cold pan, sprinkle chunks of butter across the bottom.

Then place your haddock filets on top of them.  Squeeze some lemon juice over top, and salt it.

RENDER BACON.

Add onions.

Add garlic.

Turn off the heat, and add bread crumbs; let them soak up the BACON FAT.

Add capers.

Spread the mixture on top of the fish.

Put in oven with the Romanesco for the last 15 minutes. Serve.

Whoops!  Almost forgot the sliced tomatoes.

Ok, it's not the prettiest of dishes.  My presentation could use some work.  But still.... BACON.

Eve

Damnit, LMNO. I don't like fish, I'm not sure how I feel about bacon (the one time I had it, my stomach wasn't as much as fan as my mouth was), and yet that looks delicious.  :argh!: I think you should come to my house and give me cooking lessons. Mainly so I can eat yummy foods like those ITT.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

Cooking lesson #1:

Read this thread.  Repeat as necessary.

Eve

Not as good as you cooking in my kitchen and me eating what you make! I'm sure DCup and Suu would help me out; they're generous like that.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

Somewhere, a lonely :lmnuendo: cries out into the night.

East Coast Hustle

I've been pretty much on board with everything else you've done in this thread, but this dish is total overkill. Why even bother with the haddock? you'll never taste it through bacon, onions, and garlic. Halibut or Sea bass would have been a better choice, IMO, along with putting about half as much stuff on the fish. Conceptually sound mix of flavors though.

also, fractal food is win.

ECH,
paid attention this summer in the glorified fish shack

LMNO

Good point.

The haddock was on sale, though.

Dysfunctional Cunt

That looks amazing!

I have to ask, because I've never tried it, what does Romanesco taste like?

LMNO

Closest to Cauliflower, with less of an aftertaste.