News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

NewsboxGASM

Started by East Coast Hustle, September 26, 2008, 02:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

OK, it goes like this.

You can open a newspaper vending box for between 25 cents and $1.50, depending on what city you live in and whether or not it's sunday.

if you do this early in the morning, you've got access to the papers that people will be buying and reading all day.

so....why not give them some bonus reading material?

it's simple, cheap, and gives you a nearly 100% rate of your stuff being read. bonus points for doing it in an airport, train station, or bus station which may allow your propaganda to spread beyond its initially planned radius.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Straight up - good idea

One could print out blogs they like, pamphlets, or other handouts.

I think I'll make some full-page-size Black Iron Prison books to stuff in the local free weekly.

Adam Weishaupt Society-style fake news would work well too.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, I meant to mention that hitting the local alternative weeklies is good because they're read all week and you're much more likely to be hitting a receptive audience.

also, for fun, hit the Employment Times with some real :tinfoilhat: stuff and freak out the mildly crazy street people.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

we should throw some David Icke stuff into a newspaper template

or some articles from wio

ah ho cramulus

LMNO

This has been my main form of propoganda deployment since we first printed the BIP pamphlets.

East Coast Hustle

been mine since shortly after I found this place and everyone was firing off stuff after the '04 election. Dunno why I never said anything before.

Cainad (dec.)

I've thought about doing this; I think it's a bloody great idea.

RunsWithScissors

That's the smurfiest thing ever!

Especially since I DELIVER NEWSPAPERS FOR A LIVING!  This will begin ASAP.
Before you insult a man, walk a mile in his shoes.  Then, when you insult him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.

Cramulus

Report: Been stuffing Black Iron Prison pamphlets in the Westchester Guardian boxes. That's a free weekly newspaper that basically reports on how corrupt the Westchester county government is. I've been leaving one BIP pamphlet in there, and on average it takes one or two days to disappear. When they restock it, it's always gone. (duh)

Maybe I should be leaving a bigger stack? What do you think - would it look more official to see a stack of booklets? Or would that not matter?

I haven't been monitoring how often the Westchester Guardian gets taken either. It may be that nobody reads it at all anyway. I'll pay attention to that - maybe this particular box is very infrequently visited. The bus station nearby has been moved across the street, so I bet it's seeing reduced usage.

Anybody else tried this yet?

Verbal Mike

That's awesome. I would imagine people are likelier to take a pamphlet from a pile of pamphlets than just a single one.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Iron Sulfide

i've been hitting newspaper dispensers in various ways for a while.

"This object does not exist" stickers below the coin slot.

many vendors have an easily removable insert/self-advertisement located on the bottom of the vendor. this can either flipped over and tagged on (i frequently use meme bombs - "Our News" is Neither; Stop Reading This; Etc...) or, if you want to be covert and have some time on your hands, subtle alterations to the FRONT of that insert can be made before replacing it.

quite some time ago, someone posted a link to http://generosity.org . i personally liked the idea (pay it forward, if you have no clue). i made my own variation of the card that says "Play NOW and WIN!" with "NOW" in red and "WIN" in green, and a "pay it forward" explanation on the other side. these print nicely on business cards (as do pope, etc cards) and have a relatively long handling life. sometimes when i get a paper, i pull the rest out, insert cards into the remaining papers and leave them on top. people love free shit they would otherwise have to pay for.

also (i must repost this to propaganda), there's a flier i made called "Krishna's Answers To Earthly Problems: Why Money Matters" that's essentially an "End Human Suffrage" meme. these frequently get inserted into papers regularly.
Ya' stupid Yank.