News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

can you hold my wallet for me while i jump?

Started by LHX, October 10, 2008, 04:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

somebody found this message on a abandoned computer terminal at the public library

you and them have something in common

and im sure from your perspective - i have something in common with them too

where does that leave us?

wherever that may be - let's figure it out quick so we can see how we can help each other

perhaps more importantly - let's figure out where we won't be able to help each other out much

like - here is some examples:

1. dont look to me for anything that has anything to do with money aside from how to get food to eat and tools to use
- that means no advice - no lending - no borrowing

2. try to avoid leaving me alone with your woman for extended periods of time

3. unless you factor in the 'after-life' as a part of your long-term time line - im not the person to ask about long-term strategies (though i'm getting a bit better at this)

now - im not sure if i can articulate any good qualities - but th

That's where it ended

in a dream about a UFO landing on the planet - he was not surprised about the news - a reaction of calm acceptance

when he awoke and recalled this dream, he felt satisfied that he had reacted that way

a nest constructed hastily by two birds - one male, and one female about to lay eggs

the nest was tucked away safely, but due to its small size, it proved surprisingly disastrous

as the five young birds grew, the nest was simply not large enough to suffice, and two of the birds plunged to their death - forced out of the nest - before they were able to fly

rumor has it that the Penguin learned some of his umbrella tactics from Mary Poppins

there is no amount of generosity or kindness that can compensate for a single act of treachery

one can learn politeness and etiquette, but treacherous acts are defining, and when they occur, they are never exceptions to the rule

redemption is tricky - difficult - psychologically messy - but always possible

ego and redemption do not get along well together

some crazy weather we're having
neat hell

hooplala

I thought only terrorists used the internet at libraries?

Good to see you back, man!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quotethere is no amount of generosity or kindness that can compensate for a single act of treachery

one can learn politeness and etiquette, but treacherous acts are defining, and when they occur, they are never exceptions to the rule

redemption is tricky - difficult - psychologically messy - but always possible

ego and redemption do not get along well together

This one, in particular, grabbed me. 

Good to see you LHX. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Payne

Awesome stuff, L!

I agree with RWHN, that one bit there was tight.

Jenne

THAT'S the good stuff, LHX, as usual.  WB, man.

LHX

neat hell