News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Black Dog

Started by Dr Goofy, October 12, 2008, 02:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Goofy

Ever since I was young,
A black dog has followed me.
In the shadows he hides,
Watching and waiting.

As keeper of the dog,
Feeding is my responsibility,
But in the shadows he lays forgotten,
I starve him for months at a time.

Every once in a while the dog,
the poor dog's hunger rises,
I become his prime rib,
No longer will he starve.

Unknowing to me he approaches,
Closer and closer he comes,
My arm dangling like steak,
So moist and juicy.

He attacks and rips off my arm,
Oh the pain and agony,
He has reminded me of his existence,
The cut is so deep I fell it won't heal.

I stand back up with the dog,
He has had his fill of me for now,
I think this time I will not ignore him,
This time he will remained controlled.

I regrow back my arm,
The dog goes back to the shadows,
The cycle starts again,
When will I learn.

sungoldysue

How accurate is that.  You are truely a great realistic poet.  The black dog hounds me also.  I run until I can run no more.  He tears at my flesh and the aggony is excrutiating.  I cannot hide.  He can smell the blood that he drew.  He will have his fill and then disappear into the night from whenst he came.   I have time to heal.  I know he will return but for now life is OK.  I must stay on guard, I have no idea when he will return.  There is no rythm to his visits, no knowledge of when he will be back except for the fact that he will be back at some point.  The time when he is not hounding me is beautiful.  It is only marred by the fact that he is watching me enjoy my peace.  I can hear his saliva drip on the ground, ready to claim me again. HERE WE GO AGAIN
sungoldysue :) Luv, Peace and Mungbeans Baby and may I eat your liver when your finished with it?

Dr Goofy

Thanks! Wow you added some nice imagery there!

Eater of Clowns

Once I sat down to lunch and wondered what my turkey sandwich was feeling right now.  Then I realized it didn't matter, I'm still going to eat it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on October 21, 2008, 06:09:23 PM
Once I sat down to lunch and wondered what my turkey sandwich was feeling right now.  Then I realized it didn't matter, I'm still going to eat it.

RAPIST
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

sungoldysue

Dr Goofy,

Absolutely Fabulous!!!  I am new to all this, why in my profile did they say that I'm a prison bitch.  I live in Yandina on the Sunshine Coast and I breed  Dobermans for a living and don't get me wrong, it's profatable but heartbreaking at the same time. Herra, my girl had 11 puppies and I have one left to be picked up on Thursday and then all the puppies are gone, except for the red and tan male that we kept called Herculles and the Black and Tan female that we called Anarkee. 

Principia Discordianism Rules

(Beat this: I was born into the Jehovah Witness Religion and at the day that I turned 16 I was out of there.  The local police dragged me home and then left and seeing that my parents were German on top of it all (sob, sob) they tried to conform my to their ethics, but that's yust not me.  I still don't know what is me, that's why I'm talking to you guys.  Are you my people?
sungoldysue :) Luv, Peace and Mungbeans Baby and may I eat your liver when your finished with it?

Alfred Rhazi

I think you meant "The cut is so deep I feel it won't heal."

'Side from that, good job!
-Everyone says I'm very gullible. Should I believe them?-

-If you have any idea what I'm attempting to communicate here, you're either wrong or a telepath.-