News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Raph's Kitchen take 2

Started by Raphaella, October 15, 2008, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: Nast on October 16, 2015, 09:55:49 PM
Does anyone else hate the taste of chickpea flour? IMO, it tastes beany and grassy and bitter.

Yep, I don't like it at all. Which is funny, because I love chickpeas and most chickpea products.

Chickpeas - aside from hummus - are inedible, and people who like them are bad.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Does anyone else hate the taste of chickpea flour? IMO, it tastes beany and grassy and bitter.

It can definitely have that flavor. I like it for its textural and thickening properties but that flavor is why I always mixed it with some other kind of flour when I had to care about gluten free cooking. And it's pretty much only good for savory applications, it definitely overwhelms anything sweet.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 17, 2015, 12:11:00 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 10:22:16 PM

Yep, I don't like it at all. Which is funny, because I love chickpeas and most chickpea products.

Chickpeas - aside from hummus - are inedible, and people who like them are bad.

:lulz: I can't argue with that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."