Started by D.A.N, October 15, 2008, 03:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cain on October 15, 2008, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Ale on October 15, 2008, 05:11:18 PM
Quote from: D.A.N on October 15, 2008, 03:14:26 PM
Can you smoke it?
it smokes you.

It stands to reason then that Discordian is the national religion of Soviet Russia.

Does religion believe in you there, or what?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on October 16, 2008, 06:33:49 AM
Quote from: Cain on October 15, 2008, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Ale on October 15, 2008, 05:11:18 PM
Quote from: D.A.N on October 15, 2008, 03:14:26 PM
Can you smoke it?
it smokes you.

It stands to reason then that Discordian is the national religion of Soviet Russia.

Does religion believe in you there, or what?
:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

D.A.N

A religion that believes in you? hmmm....interesting....sounds like a really good idea for a mindfuck operation. So who wants to help me make up a religion?

LMNO

Quote from: D.A.N on October 16, 2008, 09:47:28 AM
A religion that believes in you? hmmm....interesting....sounds like a really good idea for a mindfuck operation. So who wants to help me make up a religion?

It's called Psyonetiks.

Contact http://psyonetiks.co.uk/welcome-26.html for more information.

CHOAP - It believes in YUO.

AFK

Quote from: D.A.N on October 16, 2008, 09:47:28 AM

I will, just don't ask me to do anything. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

sungoldysue

This concept is just briliant.  I've been living my life trying to push shit uphill with people saying that there must be something wrong with me and the experts (x is an unknown quantity and a spert is water under pressure ... how intelligent) say that I'm bi-polar and have certified me and made me take meds, all because my behaviour is slightly higher that the norm.  If I could bottle my euphoria when I'm manic, I'd make a fortune.  So what if my ideas are slightly on the edge of reality?  Reality sucks anyway.  I'd rather tip-toe through the tulips on a regular basis personally.  I think the Greeks had the right idea of having a god for every little thing and you could just choose the one to worship by the way you feel at that time.  Eris rules.  There's nothing more fun than throwing a spanner in the works when things get a little boring.  Kaos is stimulating.  Any comments?
sungoldysue :) Luv, Peace and Mungbeans Baby and may I eat your liver when your finished with it?

LMNO

Comment:

Bi-Polar disorder ain't nuthin to fuck with.

Eve

Comment:

Sounds like typical manic-talk to me. I'd probably want to ditch the meds if I could stay manic more often than depressed (hell, I hate taking my meds as it is). It's a toss up between living a "normal" life or living the one you want. If you can make it work, more power to you. Not necessarily the smartest decision, but people've done worse.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

LMNO

I dunno about that.  Ditching the meds and riding the Manic High gets you to what is commonly known as a "psychotic break" and comes with the wonderful side effects of paranoia and delusion.

So, yeah.  I stand by my first comment.  Sure it's fun to ride your motorcycle to the upper limits of control, but in this case, you got no handlebars.

Eve

Well, yeah. That's what keeps me taking my lovely morning/evening pill cocktail, tbh. But for someone who's waxing poetic about the joys of mania, saying "hey dude, that's great but you should really take yr meds" tends to not be as effective, even if it's the better advice.  :| Maybe just don't listen to me.

-Eve,
probably not in the right place for good advice giving today.. but will likely dispense it nonetheless.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Golden Applesauce

I second taking medications.

My grandfather was bi-polar; he shot himself in front of his family.  Everyone loses.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: GA on October 20, 2008, 05:52:53 PM
I second taking medications.

My grandfather was bi-polar; he shot himself in front of his family.  Everyone loses.

Well, I think that about brings our discussion to a close.

Tomorrow:  Mexican omelettes - is it better to have the salsa within or applicable by the discretion of the consumer?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

The term "Mexican Omelette" was created by a non-Mexican.

Juevos Rancheros or GTFO.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on October 20, 2008, 08:47:45 PM
The term "Mexican Omelette" was created by a non-Mexican.

Juevos Rancheros or GTFO.

I was referring to an omelette with Mexican fillings, but if you prefer I can use Southwest Omelette?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

You want to put Mexicans in omlettes?

Cannibalistic bastard.