News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Cooking with Goofy

Started by Dr Goofy, October 16, 2008, 05:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Goofy

You put the meat in the Foreman and It magically makes it cooked!!!! Then Grab a bag of chips or put the fries in the oven!

Ok, honestly I do this because I am really short on time and effort. Given time I can make some mean enchiladas, spaghetti, and lots of other stuff.

Raphaella

I love Enchiladas! But mine always turn out not so good. You should post your recipe!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Dr Goofy

The hardest part is frying the tortilla. I will post it latter but it is really easy, It was how my mom made it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My mom used to make baked enchiladas, which was my favorite damn thing ever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dr Goofy

Ok it is insanely simple and delicious... to bad I can not remember times or heat at the moment but those will come latter I guess.

Side note: I wing a lot of the time. That is how I was raised and it for some odd reason always works.

We like to do it with 2 people, First you cook and chop up your hamburger and then you have the cheese out and a deep pan. You also warm up the enchilada sauce. Get some vegetable oil in the pan and then you start to fry the tortilla's just enough so they bubble a little and are flexible. (that is one persons job) then you throw the tortilla in the sauce and code it well after words you put it on a plate add you meat and cheese. then roll and place in pan. Repeat until pan is full. then use remaining cheese to cover pan and put in the oven. I will try to dig up times and degrees later the main thing is learning to fry the tortilla just right... You have to learn that for yourself.

Raphaella

These sound wonderful, but are you using corn tortillas or flour?
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dr Goofy on October 16, 2008, 09:55:55 PM
Ok it is insanely simple and delicious... to bad I can not remember times or heat at the moment but those will come latter I guess.

Side note: I wing a lot of the time. That is how I was raised and it for some odd reason always works.

We like to do it with 2 people, First you cook and chop up your hamburger and then you have the cheese out and a deep pan. You also warm up the enchilada sauce. Get some vegetable oil in the pan and then you start to fry the tortilla's just enough so they bubble a little and are flexible. (that is one persons job) then you throw the tortilla in the sauce and code it well after words you put it on a plate add you meat and cheese. then roll and place in pan. Repeat until pan is full. then use remaining cheese to cover pan and put in the oven. I will try to dig up times and degrees later the main thing is learning to fry the tortilla just right... You have to learn that for yourself.

this is, in fact, exactly how I make enchiladas.

corn. gotta be corn.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

I don't fry mine, I steam them until they are flexible.  But otherwise, this is how I do mine!

Dr Goofy

Yup Corn! I have never tried steaming them. I like to Fry because after we have put the stuff in the oven we then fry the left over tortillas and dip them in the left over sauce as a snack.

Raphaella

Great! Corn, I thought so but I was not sure. I'm glad too because I just bought a shit ton of the corn ones. I can't ever find a small package of them and I always get stuck with like 40 left over corn tortillas. This sounds like a wonderful way to use some of them. Any advice for the rest of them? 

LMNO

was ist das "enchilada sauce"?

Dr Goofy

Quote from: LMNO on October 18, 2008, 01:52:24 AM
was ist das "enchilada sauce"?

Good question. I will have to get back to you on that. I know it when  I see it kind lol Well I am home so I can ask tomorrow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like them filled with chicken or pork, chopped onions, and cheese. Not as much with the ground beef.

The sauce my mom made, to the best of my recollection, was a concoction of tomato sauce, chicken broth, mild chili powder, garlic, onion, cumin, cocoa, marjoram, and corn starch, cooked over medium heat until it thickened.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

yes... I have a feeling that the secret to success on these things is the sauce.

The Dark Monk

SOund delicious. I'll cookem on fryday.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~