News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 07, 2011, 06:20:25 AM
50% of posts being bitching would be a fucking GODSEND compared to this 169% STUPID FUCKING FLIRTATION.

uuuuuuuuugh

This. And quit acting like there's some sort of point behind it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Placid Dingo

50% of posts being bitching would be a fucking GODSEND compared to this 169% STUPID FUCKING FLIRTATION.

uuuuuuuuugh

You're hot when you're angry.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 07, 2011, 06:31:53 AM
Quote from: Canis latrans eques on March 07, 2011, 06:21:16 AM

uuuuuuuuugh

Mission accomplished.

:kingmeh:

I'm going to ignore Phox and Coyote from now on. Something about 50% of their posts calling the other half black, or something.

Plus I said I wanted to stay out of this argument a few pages ago and well, when you don't succeed at first ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

uuuuuuuuugh

:mittens:

The Good Reverend Roger

Thought that's what AT and PD were for.   :?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 07, 2011, 02:08:03 PM

uuuuuuuuugh

Mission accomplished.

I'm going to ignore Phox and Coyote from now on. Something about 50% of their posts calling the other half black, or something.

Plus I said I wanted to stay out of this argument a few pages ago and well, when you don't succeed at first ...

Thank you for that enlightening response. I shall now go back to disregarding 99% of what you post, along with EOC.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2011, 08:02:14 PM

No no, Roger.  None of us are AT PD.  We ARE PD.

This bullshit in the thread.  The ugliness we've all been in with each other, with n00bs.  The butthurt and the condescension and the ego.  The horrible shit I've said to a bunch of you fuckers in some cases.  That's us.

And I'm totally fucking cool with it.  We don't need to create some regimen by which we're civil to each other, or a suggestion on how to best accomodate new posters.  If you intentionalize a community like that you end up with failure, because as much as we felate ourselves for being a better breed of asshole, we are flawed, flawed motherfuckers.

Losing our shit because the word "crazy" is incidentally used in a n00b's post, losing our shit over someone else losing their shit over a n00b's post, it's not because we're dickheads (which we are), it's because we're goddamn people.  People clash, and the better kind of people we claim to be can accept that disagreement with our own world view doesn't mean wrong (so long as it's, you know, based in reality) and move the fuck on.

I mentioned it in another thread.  There's a ton of smart people here.  There are a ton of well reasoned, or well education, or what have you kinds of people.  That's not what we need.  The best thing a person can bring to the table at PD is perspective.  And that's the valuable thing about having like this, with outlooks as disparate as yours, Rat's, mine.

That's what I REALLY believe.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Don Coyote

No, AT and PD are for those with the right values to show off that they have the right values and set up situations where they can cry when other people don't share their values.

LMNO

Quote from: aedh on March 07, 2011, 08:48:46 PM

uuuuuuuuugh

Mission accomplished.

Thank you for that enlightening response. I shall now go back to disregarding 99% of what you post, along with EOC.

I thought you were leaving?  :?

Don Coyote

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on March 07, 2011, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: aedh on March 07, 2011, 08:48:46 PM

uuuuuuuuugh

Mission accomplished.

I thought you were leaving?  :?

I was. I changed my fucking mind. Decided I should go back to being a dick to people when they piss me off on an internet forum.

LMNO

Man, I wish someone had taken my bet.  That would have been a record.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on March 07, 2011, 08:49:57 PM

No no, Roger.  None of us are AT PD.  We ARE PD.

This bullshit in the thread.  The ugliness we've all been in with each other, with n00bs.  The butthurt and the condescension and the ego.  The horrible shit I've said to a bunch of you fuckers in some cases.  That's us.

And I'm totally fucking cool with it.  We don't need to create some regimen by which we're civil to each other, or a suggestion on how to best accomodate new posters.  If you intentionalize a community like that you end up with failure, because as much as we felate ourselves for being a better breed of asshole, we are flawed, flawed motherfuckers.

Losing our shit because the word "crazy" is incidentally used in a n00b's post, losing our shit over someone else losing their shit over a n00b's post, it's not because we're dickheads (which we are), it's because we're goddamn people.  People clash, and the better kind of people we claim to be can accept that disagreement with our own world view doesn't mean wrong (so long as it's, you know, based in reality) and move the fuck on.

I mentioned it in another thread.  There's a ton of smart people here.  There are a ton of well reasoned, or well education, or what have you kinds of people.  That's not what we need.  The best thing a person can bring to the table at PD is perspective.  And that's the valuable thing about having like this, with outlooks as disparate as yours, Rat's, mine.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the gnashing sound of me BITING MY OWN ARM OFF AT THE SHOULDER.

I'm here to drop my fucking pance and roll around in the post-American century, and I'll do it by my fucking self if I have to.  If PD shut down tomorrow, I'd STILL FUCK WITH PEOPLE, because the ONLY way to get a coherent, non-programmed response out of primates seems to be to DRIVE THEM COMPLETELY AROUND THE BEND.

Beep Beep, motherfuckers?  Who is driving car?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dysfunctional Cunt

I'm here to be win friends and influence people... 

Just like that cassette stuck in my car tells me I should...  :|

The Wizard

QuoteNo no, Roger.  None of us are AT PD.  We ARE PD.

This bullshit in the thread.  The ugliness we've all been in with each other, with n00bs.  The butthurt and the condescension and the ego.  The horrible shit I've said to a bunch of you fuckers in some cases.  That's us.

And I'm totally fucking cool with it.  We don't need to create some regimen by which we're civil to each other, or a suggestion on how to best accomodate new posters.  If you intentionalize a community like that you end up with failure, because as much as we felate ourselves for being a better breed of asshole, we are flawed, flawed motherfuckers.

Losing our shit because the word "crazy" is incidentally used in a n00b's post, losing our shit over someone else losing their shit over a n00b's post, it's not because we're dickheads (which we are), it's because we're goddamn people.  People clash, and the better kind of people we claim to be can accept that disagreement with our own world view doesn't mean wrong (so long as it's, you know, based in reality) and move the fuck on.

I mentioned it in another thread.  There's a ton of smart people here.  There are a ton of well reasoned, or well education, or what have you kinds of people.  That's not what we need.  The best thing a person can bring to the table at PD is perspective.  And that's the valuable thing about having like this, with outlooks as disparate as yours, Rat's, mine.

:mittens:
Insanity we trust.

The Good Reverend Roger