News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

indigoblade

Quote from: Vene on January 20, 2009, 05:07:45 AM
A handful of monkeys on an insignificant rock=/=the universe
Gotta start somewhere. Point takin' though. Thanx for giving me a real reply, now you may proceed to flame (like you guys wouldn't anyhow right).
What?

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: indigoblade on January 20, 2009, 05:10:10 AM
Gotta start somewhere. Point takin' though. Thanx for giving me a real reply, now you may proceed to flame (like you guys wouldn't anyhow right).

well, we ARE the Elitist discordians afterall.

indigoblade

Quote from: Burns on January 20, 2009, 05:40:48 AM

:lol:
What?

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: indigoblade on January 20, 2009, 05:47:21 AM
Quote from: Burns on January 20, 2009, 05:40:48 AM

:lol:
HA! he thinks i'm kidding.  :lulz:

Dude, i'm totally SRS. :|  if you're here long enough you'll find out about the inner forum.

Cain

You are now in the Outer Church Forum.  You must undertake...tests...to gain access to the Invisible College Forum

Cain

Also all joking aside, indigoblade, the response to your assertion is "so what?" for a very good reason.  It doesn't really actually say or mean anything.  OK, so everything is made up of other things.  And?  Everything is made up of other things, to a degree.  What does this entail?  Why is this important, and not just an off the cuff remark which could (and has been) uttered by every 'deep' stoner and acid-head in existence?

Its very similar to the assertion "all is one".  I believe LMNO and Ratatosk have in particular dealt with this certain cosmological thinking trope quite a few times.

Payne

TITCM.

Now go self-flagellate, indigoblade.

Triple Zero

Quote from: indigoblade on January 20, 2009, 04:15:57 AMScientist state that giving enough time anything becomes not only possible but probable.

no they didn't. new age hippies reading about quantum said that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2009, 09:20:14 AM
Also all joking aside, indigoblade, the response to your assertion is "so what?" for a very good reason.  It doesn't really actually say or mean anything.  OK, so everything is made up of other things.  And?  Everything is made up of other things, to a degree.  What does this entail?  Why is this important, and not just an off the cuff remark which could (and has been) uttered by every 'deep' stoner and acid-head in existence?

Its very similar to the assertion "all is one".  I believe LMNO and Ratatosk have in particular dealt with this certain cosmological thinking trope quite a few times.

I believe that was part of the "We are all One" discussion.  If I remember correctly, the general consensus response was, "Ok.  Then what?"

Cain

Therefore sex is just multiple player masturbation.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: LMNO on January 20, 2009, 01:24:18 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2009, 09:20:14 AM

I believe that was part of the "We are all One" discussion.  If I remember correctly, the general consensus response was, "Ok.  Then what?"

I was going to ask for a link, but that seems to sum it up right there.

indigoblade

I said point taken earlier. Now where is that damn stairwell to the pool on the roof, I wanna go swimming! :mrgreen:
What?

Messier Undertree

To answer the OP's question, I am an Islamist IRL. Death to Amerikkka.

Telarus

Oh, dude! Do you know the Dali Lemon? He was a Discordian who converted to Islam a few years ago.

:|    srsly
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit