News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

Jasper

I take it back, my anus was typing.  I think I just tend to see myself as addicted to this place, so I project.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 04, 2011, 05:54:13 PM
I take it back, my anus was typing. 

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Everyone should memorize this line.  I know I plan to.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 05:55:04 PM
Quote from: Sigmatic on March 04, 2011, 05:54:13 PM
I take it back, my anus was typing. 

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Everyone should memorize this line.  I know I plan to.

:spittake:

fuck me sideways that's funny....

Jasper

I think I got that awful mental picture from you, a long time ago.

"Prehensile anus".  AUGH.  :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 04, 2011, 05:57:24 PM
I think I got that awful mental picture from you, a long time ago.

"Prehensile anus".  AUGH.  :lulz:

I remember that.  I had to stun it with a mallet to get it to behave.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jasper

Handle yuor shit, Rog.  If I see that thing stealing gulps of my coffee again, so help me.  :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 04, 2011, 06:00:40 PM
Handle yuor shit, Rog.  If I see that thing stealing gulps of my coffee again, so help me.  :argh!:

It doesn't "steal".  It deposits.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

OMGZ!!!! Someone painted their Black Iron Prison with TieDye and built a little shrine to subjective reality in the corner!!!! FOR FUCKS SAKE THIS IS DISCORDIA AND WE GOT TO TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE WRONG AND FULL OF SHIT!!!!!!!

Why in the hell are people so serious about defining whats OK for everyone else to think, enjoy or believe (based on whatever the definition of believe means for that person)?

"Oh WE CAN"T COMMUNICATE IF WE DON"T ALL UNDERSTAND THE WORDS!!!"

Bullshit. If you have the reading comprehension of a 10 year old, you can figure out what people are saying and likely even figure out what they mean. However, its far more IMPORTANT FOR DISCORDIA to tell people that they are full of shit! ITS FAR MORE IMPORTANT TO PULL AN EXTREME METAPHOR FROM MY ASS AND TELL SOMEONE THEY ARE WRONG!!!!

HA! That is FAIL of the highest order.

So what if you like realism? It's about as real as everything else in your damned Prison Cell.

So what if someone prefers optimism? It's their cell what the fuck business is it of yours?

"Think For Yourself, Schmuck!" (unless it disagrees with me, then FUCK YOU YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!!!).

Modify Your BiP (As long as you modify it in a way APPROVED BY US!!! if YOU GO MODIFYING IT SOME OTHER WAY... FUCK YOU YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT!!!)

The bones of the city are no more or less real than the meat, muscles, hair and eyelashes of the city. If you choose to stare at an X-ray, bully for you. If someone else decides not to, WHAT THE HELL DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE TO YOU?!

I refute the idea that Discordia is gonna change the world, or that Discordians are gonna change the world.
I refute the bullshit that somehow we have to focus, dwell or otherwise take a mypoic vision of Horrormirth or somehow we deluding ourselves.

We're ALL FUCKING DELUDING OURSELVES ALL THE GODDESS* DAMNED TIME! ITS THE FUCKING POINT!

And no this isn't about being a really real Discordian. It's about being a hypocritical douchebag and trying to hide it behind Discordian ideas.

OR FUCKING KILL SOMETHING.

Ok, rant over; Ratatosk feels better...

:lulz:

* YES, I said Goddess its for the fucking LULZ - Shut The Fuck Up about it.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 04, 2011, 06:01:43 PM
And no this isn't about being a really real Discordian. It's about being a hypocritical douchebag and trying to hide it behind Discordian ideas.

Right, then.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 06:03:10 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 04, 2011, 06:01:43 PM

Right, then.

Damn, who is he calling a douchbag?  I'm so fucking lost.  I thought this was just a typical hissy fit at the end of a LONG and I mean REALLY LONG thread on something we all knew no one could agree upon from the get go.

I'm confused.... 

*GrumpButt*

I believe in peace, love and unicorns. The goddess help me I love faeries.....
*sigh* You have to be kidding me.

East Coast Hustle

The problem, Rat, is that in real life when people decorate their cells in a particularly vigorous manner it tends to spill over into all the cells around them.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Khara on March 04, 2011, 06:06:32 PM

Damn, who is he calling a douchbag?

Me, judging from the rest of the post.  

Apparently, stating that there is more than one acceptable viewpoint makes you a douchebag.  And if he's gonna CALL me a douchebag for that reason, I guess I may as well BE a douchebag, right?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 06:09:04 PM
Quote from: Khara on March 04, 2011, 06:06:32 PM

Damn, who is he calling a douchbag?

Me, judging from the rest of the post.  

Apparently, stating that there is more than one acceptable viewpoint makes you a douchebag.  And if he's gonna CALL me a douchebag for that reason, I guess I may as well BE a douchebag, right?

I think that is, in fact, your given right.... 

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 05:45:28 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 04, 2011, 05:44:00 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 04, 2011, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 04, 2011, 05:35:56 PM
That being said there is the other side of it, in the past I've seen negativity used because its easy or self feeding, it becomes a meme and we should be careful to call negativity for negativity sake bullshit just as quickly.

Okay.  Define "negativity", then.
I don't define negativity as an unrealistic pessimistic view based on very little information. As you said one mans negativity is anthers realism, that is where i would tow the line, pessimism without cause or fact  = negativity in my view

So we should call people out for not having optimism as their default attitude?

Am I reading you correctly?  <--- Serious question.
No, but those who have pessimism as their default, to the point of an all pervading gloom, perhaps.
Sleepless nights at the chateau