News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

What do you REALLY believe?

Started by Cramulus, October 21, 2008, 03:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following best describes what you Actually Believe about the Deity?

I worship some variation of the Christian / Jewish / Muslim God
Buddhist / Taoist / Eastern somethingorother
Agnostic -  I couldn't possibly know
Atheist - I believe in no gods
I believe in Eris as an entity but do not follow other Gods
I believe Eris is one of many Gods
I prefer not to define myself
I don't give a fuck about all that stuff
Something else not on this list

the last yatto

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 20, 2009, 09:41:16 PM
dead tree copy.

is living paper better? or innert paper? im assuming that it will not fall apart with age
but what else is there besides that warm and fuzzy feeling
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I usually prefer to have both a digital copy and a dead tree copy of things. Since the dead tree copy must be bought, it legitimizes the digital copy into fair use. Also, I can stick a digital copy of all the books in my room (at last count, something like 400 volumes, not counting manga and reference manuals, with collections counting as one) on a thumbdrive and read it anywhere with a computer, however, I can read precisely zero digital copies of anything if I'm somewhere without a computer.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

UncannyValleyGirl

I tend to prefer not to label myself, but here's giving it a shot:

Best description of my actual theology is Prachettist. Deities get power from the belief that people have in them, not from their innate power. It's belief that fuels Making Shit Happen. This allows me to be an unashamed paradigm whore and have as many short term personal saviors as I want, since it's the belief that makes them valid anyway.
Don't believe anyone believes everything they think.

LMNO

"You Say To People "Throw Off Your Chains" And They Make New Chains For Themselves?"

"Seems to be a major human activity, yes."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Not LMNO on February 23, 2009, 02:43:31 PM
"You Say To People "Throw Off Your Chains" And They Make New Chains For Themselves?"

But my new chains are sparkly! And pink!

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

UncannyValleyGirl

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 23, 2009, 04:41:19 PM

Really?

I'd have thought you'd go for an iridescent indigo.

LMNO

UncannyValleyGirl

Mu

My chains are encrusted with diamonds  :D
"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed." - The Shamen, Re Evolution, 1992

Jasper

My chains are painted the color of tempered steel, to look EVEN MORE like steel than regular steel chain.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: UncannyValleyGirl on February 23, 2009, 07:50:34 PM
Quote from: Enki-][ on February 23, 2009, 04:41:19 PM

Really?

I'd have thought you'd go for an iridescent indigo.

Those were last weeks. Next week I'm going for an animated moire pattern in green, yellow, and black.

Vene

Mine are all rusty :x
Fucking salt is all over the roads and sidewalks.

Mu

Quote from: Felix on February 24, 2009, 12:41:01 AM
My chains are painted the color of tempered steel, to look EVEN MORE like steel than regular steel chain.

Epic  :lulz:
"If the truth can be told, so as to be understood, it will be believed." - The Shamen, Re Evolution, 1992

bds

My chains are pink and covered in madjicuqwaqqual faerie dust.

LMNO

Mine are made of Black Iron.

What?  Someone had to go there...