News:

PD.com: We have 73 Virgins!

Main Menu

The "I'm Thinking of Making" Thread

Started by Jenne, October 25, 2008, 07:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

YUM.  And this reminds me:  I have a shitload of the best pasta sauce from my childhood in my fridge as leftovers!  MUST HEAT UP NAO FOR LUNCH!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2008, 07:05:50 PM
YUM.  And this reminds me:  I have a shitload of the best pasta sauce from my childhood in my fridge as leftovers!  MUST HEAT UP NAO FOR LUNCH!

Do nevar eat pasta sauce that has been in the fridge since your childhood!  :vom:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jenne

Quote from: Ratatosk on October 27, 2008, 08:16:33 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2008, 07:05:50 PM

Do nevar eat pasta sauce that has been in the fridge since your childhood!  :vom:

Well, certainly not when you're as old as I.  :lulz:

No, this is a place we've been frequenting SINCE my childhood, and we occaisionally pick up a gallon of sauce (we freeze the majority of it) from there.  The leftovers are still there in the fridge, so they needed to be slopped up...so yours truly did so.  Unconventionally, but I didn't have the time to make pasta and we're out of the "good" bread...so I used rice.  Yes, cardinal sin, but then, I'm quite a sinner.

Jenne

Welp, had some family drama last night, so instead used the beef for quick sloppy joes, and so I'll use the peppers as chicken fajitas tonight.

1.5 lbs chicken
2 onions
4 peppers
10 tortillas (I use the whole grain ones for fiber purposes for my kids)
shredded cheese
sour cream
salsa
Tapatillo

Seasoning (red pepper, cumin, chili powder, garlic, coriander (since no fresh cilantro), salt, black pepper)

Cut chicken into strips, put small bit of oil in pan and sautee, set aside.  Add bit of water (or beer works too) to deglaze, add vegetables (slice them lengthwise), add seasoning, add chicken back in.  Serve with warm tortillas and the rest of the above.

LMNO

I'm thinking of making something with shrimp.

Suggestions?

Jenne

Pizza, linguini...burritos.  Damn...it's limitless.

LMNO

Jenne

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 28, 2008, 02:23:47 PM
Shrimp burritos?

You're weird Californian.

d/n/t the Left Coast cuisine...

Yes, you just sautee them and put them in a burrito--pref with the kind of white sauce they put in fish tacos.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 28, 2008, 02:15:28 PM
I'm thinking of making something with shrimp.

Suggestions?

prawns, or the little Maine shrimp?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Thai, uncooked, unfrozen, shells on, heads off, 21/25 per lb.

Jenne

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Rabbi LMNO on October 28, 2008, 03:05:11 PM
Thai, uncooked, unfrozen, shells on, heads off, 21/25 per lb.

that size is perfect for scampi.

peel and de-vein, leaving tails on.

put the shrimp in a shallow-sided broiling dish with lots of clarified butter and fresh minced garlic. put in hot broiler until the top side of the shrimp are pink. remove from broiler, turn shrimp over, squeeze a few slices of lemon over them, add a few fresh basil leaves if you want, and return to broiler until shrimp are totally pink.

can be eaten as is, or tossed with linguine and grated parmesan.

ETA: I like to add a little crushed red pepper to mine before they return to the broiler. YMMV.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Cool.  I'll see what Mrs LMNO thinks.

LMNO
-what's that whipping sound?

Jenne

Anybody have a good recipe for goulash?  I have some sausage and cabbage burning a hole in my fridge...

East Coast Hustle

I believe that goulash, pretty much by definition, is "whatever you have to put in it" stew.