News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

A blast from the past?

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, October 28, 2008, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I have been reading The Invisibles, and I noticed that a lot of the people posting to the letters column were obviously discordians. Furthermore, a lot of them left in their full addresses. Anyone want to jake some discordians who still use the US Postal System circa 1995? It's only been a little over 10 years, so it's more likely to work than some of the addresses listed in the Principia and other discordian works from that era (California Dept of Furniture and Bedding?)

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Manta Obscura

Sure. What did you have in mind?
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Cramulus

btw - keep your eyes peeled for a letter they printed from HAL PHILLIPS. He's a good buddy of mine who got me into the Invisibles. Also a Discordian.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I dunno. Maybe jake them, or recruit them into a gasm. We'd be hard pressed to spread a gasm more effectively than by joining two entirely separate groups of discordians -- the old guard, which was sending jakes by post before most people knew what a modem was, and the new guard, which hands around places like this.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cramulus

We have the advantage of knowing about some memes that have hit them pretty hard. References to the Invisibles might be a good posture for some psychic kung-fu

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I APPROVE and would be glad to help :)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

Maybe just mail them a blank white pin?

also: a meme bomb, and maybe some reference to the Black Iron Prison

Cain

A blank white disc on a pin
A memebomb
A letter saying

"you've been reactivated, agent.  Please proceed to undermine consensual reality"

And perhaps a BIP webpage address at the bottom.

Cramulus

That's really strong. I wonder how many people have the same address as they did 10 years ago though.

For the record, I'm always up for mailing stuff to strangers.

"Initiation never ends"

Iron Sulfide

need to read this. most i can find online is the first issue. any dice?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Manta Obscura

This thread gives me an idea/thought:

Is there any communal P.O. box for the BIP, or the members in the BIP? As in an actual, physical place where stuff can be mailed?

The reason I ask is because in the letters that we send to people, it might be worth it to send a return address that they can mail stuff to. That way, if they have an idea or a project to Mindfuck us, they'll have an open line of snail mail with which to do it.

Imagine: forming a quasi-community-penpal relationship from one group of Discordians to another. It would be fun to send stuff one way, but I think it would be nice to be able to receive some actual snail mail feedback.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

hooplala

I like this idea.  And, anyone including a full address deserves what they get.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

Also, a communal email.  Because actually mailing something is a giant pain in the ass in this day and age.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Cramulus

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 28, 2008, 06:34:03 PM
This thread gives me an idea/thought:

Is there any communal P.O. box for the BIP, or the members in the BIP? As in an actual, physical place where stuff can be mailed?

Nope. We're a decentralized, disorganized mass.