News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

A blast from the past?

Started by Rococo Modem Basilisk, October 28, 2008, 03:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

The only problem with a single communal email is that actual access could only be trusted to certain people.

Unless you want a repeat of the President Bush spammer debacle.

BADGE OF HONOR

Yeah.

I guess this place is the most central, now that I think about it.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Manta Obscura

Good points. I guess the decentralized forum atmosphere will do for responses.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Cain

I'm not saying we couldn't put an email down the bottom either, but I would want the password only owned by certain people, and perhaps a thread where we could discuss or post replies

BADGE OF HONOR

There's no reason whoever mails that stuff can't just make an email account/put down their address and report findings.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cain on October 28, 2008, 06:54:49 PM
I'm not saying we couldn't put an email down the bottom either, but I would want the password only owned by certain people, and perhaps a thread where we could discuss or post replies

Ah, now that's a good idea.

@Enki: what are these folks' addresses? I'll try to draft something tonight and get it out by tomorrow, just as long as I have somewhere to send it.

@anyone else: Are there any pages on here that have links to some good/weird letterhead? It's quite possible that I'm blind, but I haven't been able to find anything in my searches. All that I have at home is a torn mock-Area51 LH that my dog ripped up, and a greeting card that shows a picture of a cat with a candy bucket on its head.

Iron Sulfide

there should be some great LHs on the BIP wiki and in the propaganda depository.

i also have some postcards of fetuses i swiped from an anti-planned-parenthood stand at a recent festival. it would make for good avant garde mailings.

say where and they're mailed.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Prater Festwo on October 28, 2008, 07:08:05 PM
there should be some great LHs on the BIP wiki and in the propaganda depository.

i also have some postcards of fetuses i swiped from an anti-planned-parenthood stand at a recent festival. it would make for good avant garde mailings.

say where and they're mailed.

Thanks, I'll check those out.

Iron Sulfide

just checked...i think i'm totally wrong
Ya' stupid Yank.

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

Manta Obscura

Bloody brilliant, Prater. Thanks for your help!

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Manta Obscura: I'll make up a list once I get home and can look at the comics, but there are a lot of really obvious ones.

Also, anyone notice that one can register an email address to be posted to a blogger.com blog? Also, google groups listservs work. You can also add the blog email to a listserv (without even needing to have the blog accept membership), and blogger posts can also be sent to YET ANOTHER email (which can be the listserv if we feel like spamming google out infinitely).

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO

Rule 1:  If it's easier to do it yourself, DO IT YOURSELF.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Ah, but if only one person spams the 1995 discordians from the past, how will we annoy them enough to join forces against the order?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

LMNO