News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

How unique!  Let me know if you ever try it (success or otherwise).

Rumckle

:fap:

Sounds awesome.
Do you know what the right mixture roughly is?
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Salty

I always add just a little bit of cinnamon to my spaghetti sauce. Just a little.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Alty on November 21, 2009, 04:51:51 AM
I always add just a little bit of cinnamon to my spaghetti sauce. Just a little.

Noice! I add a bit of sugar, personally. I'll have to try the cinnamon thing. Friend of mine tried adding MINT. Ugh, the resulting disaster was godawful. He only survived the lynching because he made superb garlic cheese bread. That and the rope was old and snapped.

Salty

Sugar is good, cuts down on the acidity. Or something. Really, I just put sugar in EVERYTHING, sit back and wait for the diabetes.

Chief Uwachiquen

Quote from: Alty on November 21, 2009, 05:16:50 AM
Sugar is good, cuts down on the acidity. Or something. Really, I just put sugar in EVERYTHING, sit back and wait for the DIABEETUS.

Fix'd.

Salty

Jesus Fuckstick that's scary.
No more reading PD in bed for me.

Iason Ouabache

I'm starting to really like dark chocolate and chili powder. Especially this stuff:

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

themenniss

Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2009, 11:46:34 PM
Tabasco flavored coca cola?  Damn, not sure I'd try that.
Quote from: themeninss on November 20, 2009, 04:39:42 PM
Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2009, 06:07:54 AM
That gives me the idea to put sweet chili sauce on french fries.

been done, used to do it all the time, moved on to hotter sauces now.
highly recommended :wink:

I must try it.

Additionally, I do wish sweet chili sauce came in hotter varieties.  Sweet habanero sauce is good, I've made it, but it's not something I'd eat regularly.

looking to go less hot?
if so: scotch bonnets.
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rumckle on November 21, 2009, 01:26:20 AM
:fap:

Sounds awesome.
Do you know what the right mixture roughly is?

No, they just mentioned it can be done, so I guess I need to have enough of both and gradually keep adding one or the other until I find the consistency right.

It might have been sherry instead of vermouth btw, I should look that up, but I can't imagine that makes much of a difference for the chemical process, just the flavour.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Quote from: themeninss on November 21, 2009, 01:16:35 PM
Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2009, 11:46:34 PM
Tabasco flavored coca cola?  Damn, not sure I'd try that.
Quote from: themeninss on November 20, 2009, 04:39:42 PM
Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2009, 06:07:54 AM
That gives me the idea to put sweet chili sauce on french fries.

been done, used to do it all the time, moved on to hotter sauces now.
highly recommended :wink:

I must try it.

Additionally, I do wish sweet chili sauce came in hotter varieties.  Sweet habanero sauce is good, I've made it, but it's not something I'd eat regularly.

looking to go less hot?
if so: scotch bonnets.

It's not that I don't like the heat, it's that people keep making faces like I just ate cyanide whenever I take a bite, and it's kind of upsetting.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jasper

That occurred to me, but I wasn't sure.

Serrano peppers are good for a more casual spiciness.  They're not so weak that I fail to notice them, but not so strong that I can't focus on the texture and flavor of the food I'm eating.  When I go spicy, that's pretty much all I can focus on.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I like to roast those and slice them into strips for to put on my tacos.
mmmmmmmmm.

Dysnomia

In high school I swore by coco puffs before a cross country race. 

Of course, that could have something to do with me being the place holder for last place.... :lol:  Although I did win the award for best improved time of the season!  2 minutes!  (with a fucked up leg HAH!)
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif