News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 29, 2008, 05:25:43 PM
I still eat paste. 

Really?

That's pretty cool, as long as you don't eat Gorilla Glue.

I've always wanted to know: is there a major taste disparity between Elmer's and other, more industrial-strength glues? Intuition tells me that Elmer's probably has that down-home-comfort quality to it, whereas specialty glues for crafting probably have a more exotic flavor.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 29, 2008, 05:48:51 PM
Duh, I said paste, not glue. 

I haven't used either since I was about nine, so I'm not hip with the whole paste/glue jive. What's the difference between the two?

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 05:23:56 PM
Quote from: Khara on October 29, 2008, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 04:58:01 PM
I eat mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches all the time, which some people think is weird (since when did all sandwiches have to have meat or peanut butter in them?). Also, as a native of Cincinnati, OH, I put chili on EVERYTHING: potato chips, foccacia bread, hotdogs, macaroni, pancakes, etc.

Man, now I'm itching for some Skyline Chili . . .

Skyline chili tastes like cloves to me.  Otherwise, we put chili on a lot of stuff here in STL too.  Chili-Mac is available in most locally owned restaraunts as well as chili over chips (usually homemade).  MMMMM

OH YES another one of mine - homemade potato chips with chili and blue cheese sauce that has pimentoes, green onions and chopped habenero.  ZOMG it is soooooo good.

Holy hand-jobbing Hepzibahs . . . that sounds epic. You have to give your recipe for homemade potato chips. My life cannot be complete without making this dish, now.

Peel 6-8 large potatoes.
Slice very thin, think tortilla thin...
wash quickly with cold water, then place in salted water to wait to cook.
DRY BEFORE PUTIING IN OIL, I pull out my next handful and drain them on a towel!

heat peanut oil to high, then reduce to best level not to burn potatoes you know your stove better than me- I only use peanut oil, it allows for crispier chips without getting brown and nasty!!
cook a handful at a time and let drain, sprinkle with cracked black pepper and sea or kosher salt

make your own chili, I have a couple of recipes on here for chili.  this works with chicken chili as well....

bleu cheese sauce

1 bottle bleu cheese dressing of your choice
I use the one in the cold veggie section maries I think - 2 jars if that
1 container of additional bleu cheese crumbles
1 jar drained chopped pimentos
4-5 chopped green onions (withhold a bit of the green to garnish)
1 med roasted habenaro chopped fine
I also add a lot of cracked black pepper

heat dressing and extra cheese on low until fairly smooth - stir constantly.
add pimentos, onion and peppers and stir together until they are warm as the dressing
drizzle over chips and bowl some for dipping
garnish with green

AFK

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 05:51:38 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on October 29, 2008, 05:48:51 PM
Duh, I said paste, not glue. 

I haven't used either since I was about nine, so I'm not hip with the whole paste/glue jive. What's the difference between the two?

how soon the hallucinations begin. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Khara on October 29, 2008, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 05:23:56 PM
Quote from: Khara on October 29, 2008, 05:05:42 PM
Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 29, 2008, 04:58:01 PM
I eat mayonnaise and pickle sandwiches all the time, which some people think is weird (since when did all sandwiches have to have meat or peanut butter in them?). Also, as a native of Cincinnati, OH, I put chili on EVERYTHING: potato chips, foccacia bread, hotdogs, macaroni, pancakes, etc.

Man, now I'm itching for some Skyline Chili . . .

Skyline chili tastes like cloves to me.  Otherwise, we put chili on a lot of stuff here in STL too.  Chili-Mac is available in most locally owned restaraunts as well as chili over chips (usually homemade).  MMMMM

OH YES another one of mine - homemade potato chips with chili and blue cheese sauce that has pimentoes, green onions and chopped habenero.  ZOMG it is soooooo good.

Holy hand-jobbing Hepzibahs . . . that sounds epic. You have to give your recipe for homemade potato chips. My life cannot be complete without making this dish, now.

Peel 6-8 large potatoes.
Slice very thin, think tortilla thin...
wash quickly with cold water, then place in salted water to wait to cook.
DRY BEFORE PUTIING IN OIL, I pull out my next handful and drain them on a towel!

heat peanut oil to high, then reduce to best level not to burn potatoes you know your stove better than me- I only use peanut oil, it allows for crispier chips without getting brown and nasty!!
cook a handful at a time and let drain, sprinkle with cracked black pepper and sea or kosher salt

make your own chili, I have a couple of recipes on here for chili.  this works with chicken chili as well....

bleu cheese sauce

1 bottle bleu cheese dressing of your choice
I use the one in the cold veggie section maries I think - 2 jars if that
1 container of additional bleu cheese crumbles
1 jar drained chopped pimentos
4-5 chopped green onions (withhold a bit of the green to garnish)
1 med roasted habenaro chopped fine
I also add a lot of cracked black pepper

heat dressing and extra cheese on low until fairly smooth - stir constantly.
add pimentos, onion and peppers and stir together until they are warm as the dressing
drizzle over chips and bowl some for dipping
garnish with green

Thanks, Khara! This sounds really great.

Jenne

Quote from: Suu on October 29, 2008, 02:44:54 PM
Hot sauce and ranch dressing. Separate or mixed. It's the secret to most of my cooking.

DING DING DING.  this is what I put on my quesodillas.

Also:  I once had a "diet" of Wow chips and pepperocinis...juice from the peppers would saturate the chips and make for yum.  I lost tons of weight on it too.  Between the fiber and the Wow chips.  :lol:

Still love that combination, though--the peppers and the chips.  Wow chips, don't buy them anymore, though.

LMNO

I'm not sure if I have any food weirdnesses.

I mean, I'm sure some of the stuff I eat some people consider weird, but I've never thought about it in that way.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I go through food phases. I once ate only tinned fish, pickles, olives, and candy for a month.

Right now I am eating only fish and vegetables.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

navkat

Quote from: Cainad on October 29, 2008, 05:26:12 PM
Any kind of blue cheese + something else = :D

No, this isn't me being "intentionally weird" by professing my love for cheese. I really do enjoy the kinds of cheese that make many people gag.

And I totally hear ya, navkat, about the salt. I have a strong preference for kosher salt. For ++JEW, I spread butter on a plain matzoh and sprinkle kosher salt on it.

There's no such thing as Jews. It never happened.

Duck season.

Rabbit season.

Sir Squid Diddimus

"Duck thbthbthbthseathbson, FIRE!"
                                \

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Duuuude so do I! With those little sprinkles of seaweed, mmmmmm!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dr Goofy

I like a ham cheese Ketchup sandwich. I one time mad spaghetti with chicken instead of hamburger and it was delicious. Some people think Chicken Pizza is weird.