News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis?  BBQ chicken pizza is da bombdiggity.

trippinprincezz13

Yea it is. Plus we've made some pretty damn good broccoli, cheddar & chicken pizzas using leftovers and on top of cheese frozen pizzas. Chicken and spaghetti not that odd - reminds me of chicken parm.

I'm sure I have some eating habits people might think are weird - can't think of any off the top of my head. My mom thinks it's weird if I tell her I had a baked potato for breakfast, but we just don't keep a lot of breakfast foods in the house since no time during the week and he works weekends, so usually don't feel like cooking breakfast just for myself. And potatos are good always!
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Leftover grilled chicken, spinache, water chestnuts, mushrooms and black olives.  Mix jar alfredo with mozzerella and spread it on a crust, we use the Boboli ones, then cover with the chicken and stuff.  then sprinkle a light sprinkle of just cheese to hold it all in place!  OMG YUM!!!

trippinprincezz13

Except for the olives (I just don't like olives) that sounds wicked good.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Nast

Quote from: Kai on October 31, 2008, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on October 31, 2008, 05:17:58 AM
I like miso soup for breakfast.  :oops:

I need to learn how to make miso soup. :(

It's very easy! First, you must acquire a tub a miso (the white or light yellow miso is best).
Bring a pot of dashi stock to a boil (or some water with instant dashi powder dissolved in it). Once it's at a boil, turn the heat down low so that it's no longer boiling. Then, take 1 tbl spoon of miso paste for every 1 cup of stock, and stir it in until it's dissolved. You may need to adjust the taste, adding more miso if it's too bland or thin it out with water if it's too salty. Then you can add little cubes of tofu, scallions, seaweed, or whatever you want!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Kai

Quote from: Nasturtiums on October 31, 2008, 08:09:25 PM
Quote from: Kai on October 31, 2008, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: Nasturtiums on October 31, 2008, 05:17:58 AM
I like miso soup for breakfast.  :oops:

I need to learn how to make miso soup. :(

It's very easy! First, you must acquire a tub a miso (the white or light yellow miso is best).
Bring a pot of dashi stock to a boil (or some water with instant dashi powder dissolved in it). Once it's at a boil, turn the heat down low so that it's no longer boiling. Then, take 1 tbl spoon of miso paste for every 1 cup of stock, and stir it in until it's dissolved. You may need to adjust the taste, adding more miso if it's too bland or thin it out with water if it's too salty. Then you can add little cubes of tofu, scallions, seaweed, or whatever you want!

So.......

Where does one acquire dashi stock and miso?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nast

You can get miso at an Asian market, or some health food stores will sell it in the refrigerated section.
Dashi is most easily acquired in powdered form, probably either labeled hunmatsu dashi or hondashi, and come in packets at an Asian market.
But quite honestly, I usually skip the dashi altogether, and just use vegetable stock.  :wink:
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Kai

Quote from: Nasturtiums on October 31, 2008, 09:00:03 PM
You can get miso at an Asian market, or some health food stores will sell it in the refrigerated section.
Dashi is most easily acquired in powdered form, probably either labeled hunmatsu dashi or hondashi, and come in packets at an Asian market.
But quite honestly, I usually skip the dashi altogether, and just use vegetable stock.  :wink:

Asian markets are few and far between in upstate SC. :?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Nast

Hrm...if you're really desperate supermarkets carry the whole miso soup shebang in powdered form, with little bits of desiccated tofu and all.

But the only thing really necessary for miso soup is the miso paste, so if you can find that, you're good. Do have a Whole Foods or something similar in your area? I'm sure they would carry it.

Triple Zero

i like cold leftover pizza the next day.

i used to cook a lot with potatoe crisps, figuring there must be a way to use them correctly. it doesn't work in pasta sauce, they get soggy. best way i've found in years of experimentation is to crumble them very fine (open the bag a bit to let the air out and crunch it from the outside so your hands don't get covered in it) and use them instead of breadcrumbs to cover stuff with.

sometimes i like making a bowl of dipsauce from mayonaise, chilli peppers, garlic and stock/bouillon powder (and maybe some yoghurt, or whatever i can think of) and dipping pieces of turkish flatbread in it. it's probably very unhealthy.

i like reheating day-old cold coffee in my microwave, it makes me feel like a necromancer.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Raggi?! on November 01, 2008, 02:37:08 AM
i like cold leftover pizza the next day.

That's not that eccentric.  I think most of us here have been poor college students are one point or another. ;)
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 01, 2008, 01:39:19 PM
shit, pizza is better cold the next day.

it's true!

it's not much to do with being poor, but more to do with being smart enough to save the pieces of pizza you didnt eat for the next day.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Raggi?! on November 01, 2008, 06:43:23 PM

it's true!

it's not much to do with being poor, but more to do with being smart enough to save the pieces of pizza you didnt eat for the next day.

:wrong: :ohnotache: :fuckoff:

</highly offended pizza snob>

Rumckle

Hot chips, soft boiled egg, and dukkah

I only think pizza with bbq sauce is better cold, though I mostly make my own pizza, and I rarely use bbq sauce anyways
It's not trolling, it's just satire.