News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

I didn't think they were that exotic. Tahini, on the other hand, is fairly hard to find.
Formerly something else...

Triple Zero

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 02, 2011, 09:01:07 AM
I didn't think they were that exotic. Tahini, on the other hand, is fairly hard to find.

True. I'm lucky with an Asian supermarket real close.

Can you find sesame seeds? If you roast them and grind them, you got Tahini.

Usually I prepare a sludge of olive oil, lemon juice, roasted sesame seeds, garlic and roasted cumin, pureed with a stick-blender.

Also, sesame seeds are nice in all sorts of dishes, from salads to noodles to meat, while I found Tahin only really to be useful for Hummus :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

trippinprincezz13

Suppose it depends. The regular grocery store near me has 1 or 2 brands of Tahini - near the deli/specialty cheeses and/or near the condiments/jarred pickles etc.

Obviously every store's set up diffrently and it depends on the region, but it's possible it's hiding somewhere there
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The fuck do you live

there are like 6 brands of tahini even at the mainstream stores near me, let alone the Whole Foods and New Seasons.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Don Coyote

I see it next to the peanut butter at Safeway.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Donald Coyote on November 02, 2011, 06:41:45 PM

Likewise.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

The fuck do you live

there are like 6 brands of tahini even at the mainstream stores near me, let alone the Whole Foods and New Seasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRlqz3e9OrA

Bruno

Quote from: Nigel on November 02, 2011, 06:45:39 PM
Quote from: Donald Coyote on November 02, 2011, 06:41:45 PM

Likewise.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

We do got some hummus eating motherfuckers around hurr.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Emo Howard on November 02, 2011, 06:53:24 PM

Does anybody else think that the graffiti on that sign looks like it says "noot welcome" (because of the way its split up) rather than "not welcome"?
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Bruno

INORITE!

I also like how they ran out of purple paint halfway through.  :)

I give their sign defacement technique two out of ten stars.

navkat

Quote from: Suu on September 14, 2011, 11:21:11 PM
Ranch dressing.

On nearly everything NOT dessert.

I know a boy in Mobile you need to speak to. He's a synesthesia artist who makes paintings with light and music. He used to eat Ranch dressing PIZZA.

East Coast Hustle

That's actually pretty common. I've worked at several pizzerias that had a pizza that used ranch dressing as the sauce, usually with some chopped garlic added in.

Used to do one as the daily special at my pizzeria once in a while that was garlic ranch sauce, mozz-cheddar mix for the cheese, grilled chicken, bacon, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, and jalapenos. Good shit.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 06, 2011, 01:51:42 AM
That's actually pretty common. I've worked at several pizzerias that had a pizza that used ranch dressing as the sauce, usually with some chopped garlic added in.

Used to do one as the daily special at my pizzeria once in a while that was garlic ranch sauce, mozz-cheddar mix for the cheese, grilled chicken, bacon, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers, and jalapenos. Good shit.

That sounds delicious!

Juana

^IAWTC

I totally BATHE my pizza in ranch and Parmesan and chili flakes. It's fucking delicious.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Nigel on November 06, 2011, 05:08:44 AM
Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on November 06, 2011, 01:51:42 AM

That sounds delicious!

Incredibly delicious. I will have to attempt this soon. Was the garlic roasted or anything before adding to ranch or just chop it up and toss it in?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.