News:

Look at the world emptily, and it will gladly return the favor.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on December 16, 2008, 12:37:02 PM
I put fish sauce in just about everything I can.  Just a splash.

I have noticed that in the cooking lessons, but I have to give you credit, you have converted me!!

Jenne

Quote from: rong on December 16, 2008, 07:30:41 AM
beet juice?? never heard of that method.  my favorite pickled egg recipes include LOTS of jalapenos and garlic.  i also throw carrots and cauliflower into the brine to pickle along with the eggs.  i had some in minnesota that had cloves and found it quite disgusting.

Jalapenos and garlic sound win.

There's this crudite/pickle thing people here might be interested in, actually.  It's called turshi and it's Afghan/Iranian.  It's basically pickled veggies, but traditionally it's made with these tiny egglplants, onions, garlic cloves and peppers.

Tursh means sour in Persian, so that's why the name--they use lots of mustard seed.

rong

Quote from: Richter on December 16, 2008, 03:12:56 PM
beet juice?? never heard of that method.  my favorite pickled egg recipes include LOTS of jalapenos and garlic.  i also throw carrots and cauliflower into the brine to pickle along with the eggs.  i had some in minnesota that had cloves and found it quite disgusting.

Really? I had some clove / nutmeg ones recently that were quite good.   

i think it was more the element of surprise that ruined it for me.  up until that clove egg, i was under the impression that pickled eggs were all jalapenos and garlic, so when the clove hit, i was like "what the fuck is this?"
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Richter

Quote from: rong on December 17, 2008, 01:21:36 AM
Quote from: Richter on December 16, 2008, 03:12:56 PM

Really? I had some clove / nutmeg ones recently that were quite good.   

i think it was more the element of surprise that ruined it for me.  up until that clove egg, i was under the impression that pickled eggs were all jalapenos and garlic, so when the clove hit, i was like "what the fuck is this?"

I follow.  I've had the same unpleasent experience with bastard Non- New England clam chowders.

They ARE different though.  One of few foods I just CAN'T see pairing with much else.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cain

Peanut butter and bacon, in a sandwich.

Surprisingly nice.

Freeky

I like to eat tomatoes and ketchup. And chips and ketchoney. Deliciousness.

Dysnomia

I'm a mayo person.  haven't tried miracle whip, but I hate cool whip. 

Eggless (tofu) egg salad is pretty good.  Though I do LOVE putting things in eggs.  Just the other night I scrambled some with pine nuts, parmesan cheese, asiago cheese, zucchini, and herbs de province.  Frying one up with garlic salt all over it to make a sandwich is another favorite of mine. 

For some reason my favorite type of mac n cheese is the stuff from the box (annie's organic though, but I'll do easy mac too).  Plus I HATE bell peppers, and only like tomatoes if they are in a sauce, or somehow liquefied. 
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Kurt Christ

On basically everything that I would put a condiment on, if on hand, I prefer salsa or sriracha to catsup or mustard. Salsa fries are so much more kickass than regular.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Jasper

That gives me the idea to put sweet chili sauce on french fries.

themenniss

Quote from: Felix on November 20, 2009, 06:07:54 AM

been done, used to do it all the time, moved on to hotter sauces now.
highly recommended :wink:
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

LMNO

Would curry powder and tarragon in scrambled eggs count?

I guess I just don't know what an "eccentric" food habit is, anymore.

Rumckle

:eek:

I miss sweet chilli sauce, I haven't seen it in North America yet, and I am eating college food so I don't actually cook so getting some may be kinda redundant.

eta:
also whoever suggested tabasco sauce and coke (a while back), I thank you, it is awesome
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Jasper

Tabasco flavored coca cola?  Damn, not sure I'd try that.
Quote from: themeninss on November 20, 2009, 04:39:42 PM

been done, used to do it all the time, moved on to hotter sauces now.
highly recommended :wink:

I must try it.

Additionally, I do wish sweet chili sauce came in hotter varieties.  Sweet habanero sauce is good, I've made it, but it's not something I'd eat regularly.

Triple Zero

- piece of chocolate dipped in hummus. not as bad as you think, especially not if you had a few drinks and proclaim that "EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH HUMMUS".

- bacon+cheese pancakes, with molasses syrup.

- speaking of Brie (or Camembert), that shit would be pretty good with some red jam on toast.

In semi-related "fuck yes I gotta try this sometime" news, my book on molecular gastronomy tells me that if you mix camembert and Vermouth properly, you will get the right amount of fat/water/protein mixture as milk cream and you can whip it into fluffy awesome like whipped cream.

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.