News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

KaousuuWriMo

Started by Suu, October 30, 2008, 12:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Due to technical difficulties, I can't post my novel since it's on the comp that's not currently working. However, i have 25449 words.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Valerie - Gone

Are you going to keep writing it, though?
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Suu

Quote from: Valerie on November 16, 2008, 10:47:12 PM
Are you going to keep writing it, though?

I'm injecting a lot of bullshit to make up for lost time.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Thanks to dead comp, I cheated to beat this.  :kingmeh: What a mess this is. LOL.

No, I'm not posting anymore. Happy December on Monday! YAY!

Suu

Okay, so what you get now is what I typed at Super MegaFest:

Download the original attachment

My senior year in high school gave me a chance to be "creative", as in, I decided to take my first wack at a novel. I blame this mostly on the release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The reason for this is that I decided I was going to write a scifi novel by the name of Radical Empire. 

Radical Empire was, for the lack better words, an interesting project as that it wasn't actually finished, but more or less I put it into a state of limbo last year when I decided that it absolutely positively sucked dick. Don't get me wrong, when I was seventeen, it was a very good year, and I thought I was being original and talented. I was in AP Literature and Composition, which meant, of course, that I was an excellent writer, and knew what the fuck I was actually doing, right? Right. Okay, sure.

Well, to be had, It wasn't terrible, but it was juvenile. I stole basic elements from pretty much every stereotypical scifi genre and put it into my own plot set. Epiphany Deity was a young empress who got proposed to by Spectryon Hyperion, yes, I am very creative with names obviously, and basically she turned him down because he was basically trying to reform her entire life blah blah blah it was pretty cliché. There was a religion on one planet, commerce on another planet, the atypical city planet capital that was obviously and totally original and I swear to god that I didn't steal it from ANY OTHER GENRE. Why would I do that, honestly? Science fiction is obviously utterly and totally original no matter who writes it for what story. Right? Right. 

There was also the totally cool and completely unexpected unique martial art in which was specialized on the one main important planet that orbited another planet that orbited a sun with other planets. Yes, this was Radical Empire, and it was going to be totally fucking awesome. In fact, here are the first two chapters to show you how awesome I am.

Prologue and introduction:

Chapter one:

So yes, I turned to drugs. Maybe not the best topic to jump to right now so I'm going to go ahead and talk about where I am writing right now.

Today is Super Megafest in Framingham, Massachusetts. I'm sitting here writing at a bar during the convention with the 501st Legion Connecticut Garrison and drinking on their bar tab because they are awesome and love us in the New England Garrison (not.)

No really, it's okay, I'm good we're all good now, this is awesome.

Darth Cupcake aka Vivienne just closed her laptop and gave up for the evening thanks to booze and discussion about National Novel Writing Month. A million people, okay no, that's an exaggeration, a good amount of people are coming by and asking us why we are writing this novel, and wondering why we are doing it. So we go ahead and tell people what exactly is going on with National Novel Writing Month and just exactly what we are doing here in the bar writing away on laptop computers. HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR! Darth Cupcake aka Vivienne has just informed me that the official word of the evening is cunt cannon, okay, so that's two words unless you write it as cuntcannon, but cunt cannon gives me two words so yeah. You get where I'm going with this. I am currently pretty behind on my word count so it's important that I go ahead and try to build on top of this novel, or rather, piece of written crap as much as possible to see what I can get vomited up as much as possible. This is the most important part of this exercise as far as I recall. Yes, that's right, writing as much as possible until I can't take it anymore tonight. Writing and autobiography is harder than I thought it would me and it is incredibly difficult to sit here in the bar at Super MegaFest and write this thing, but it's okay, because I have written the Connecticut Garrison of the 501st Legion into the novel as requested in return for booze, and I did, so this is how the story goes.

I'm over hearing a conversation about bisexual women, I'm not entirely sure about what, but I heard it. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my next rum and diet soda. Adam Scott is standing in front of me dressed as Ianto Jones from Torchwood, and I've asked him for coffee already several times, and he gave me a dirty look. Ha ha ha . Lol. Word up. Where the hell is my other driving.

ORAL SEX FOR AN HOUR.

No really, I just heard that. Damnit,  I want my Malibu and Diet Coke! I want to get drunk but I don't want to get fat. RAWR!

Drew, who's real name is Tim, is sitting over me right now checking out the progress of our novels, including Darth Cupcake, who isn't doing anything but waiting for her next Connecticut Garrison tab gin and tonic drink.

Mike, aka Darth Mike, is getting our drinks now. Rock on. I love this convention. Bob and Chris are both in their Indiana Jones costumes and posing in pictures and acting all sexy. Chris is hot, I can't tell him because well, he's married and I'm married, but whatever, I think it's okay for a woman to admit that a man is good looking.

Anyways, back to the atmosphere. Darth Cupcake and I have gotten our drinks and commenced writing once more.

Sidesho Bob I have promised to write into my book, so I'm doing it now. Sidesho is a pretty groovy guy that is a part of the Connecticut Garrison and is a mail man by trade. I've been over his house and it's epic and awesome and win all at once and makes me really jealous.

Nicki, who likes to get drunk and naked, is taking about drunk unicorn penises or something and I'm starting to loose focus on my laptop screen. Woohoo!

I just hit one thousand and twenty six words for this sitting. Time for a brief break. Be Right back!

Jonathan Frakes, Jonathan motherfucking Frakes, you know, Number One from Star Trek The Next Generation is drinking, the bar, with us NOW! HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

I'm on my third Malibu and Diet, and I'm feeling pretty good.

Krista said a good line to use is this:

"I'm going to get in trouble."

"That's not so hard to do in this state."

Har.

Fuck, I'm going to look back on this tomorrow and be like, oh what the fuck.

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Triple Zero

you'll understand i'm not going to read it all, but :mittens: for the accomplishment!!!! great job!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Don't worry, I don't think I'm ever going to read it again myself.  :x Time to move onto more important things like writing my really real novel.

LMNO

I do have a question, maybe it was answered in the novel:

I can't follow why or how you wanted to join the Air Force.  It just doesn't seem to jibe with the rest of your story.

Suu

My father is a big military aircraft nerd, and both of my grandfathers and an uncle were in the Navy, so it passed on to me. Only I grew up around an USAF base, so when you see F-16s flying around all the time. It's just looks like fun!

I was in ROTC for my last 2 years of high school (I needed the elective) and the instructor I had was an Air Force Reservist and talked me into applying to the academy, and then I ended up enlisted in the Reserves myself. Unfortunately I was ousted before my turn in flight school, which is what I really wanted to do. I could have/should have/would have stayed in if I didn't move to RI and there wasn't a war that suddenly started.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Suu

Oh good god, THIS.

Never again.