News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Remember, remember the 5th of November!

Started by Suu, November 05, 2008, 07:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Quote from: Suu on November 07, 2008, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 07, 2008, 07:24:15 PM
Quote from: TheScarletReaper on November 07, 2008, 06:05:26 PM
Can I have Maul for December?
Everyone always overlooks Darth Maul....
He was reincarnated you know, and fought vader, almost beat him but Vader stabbed through his computer chest almost defeated and killed him.

You know why everyone overlooks him?  Because he had such potential to be a kickass character and instead was a mute chump.  People gripe about JarJar, but he has a more important place in the Star Wars story than Darth fucking Maul. 

FUCKING JAR JAR BINKS BECOMING FUCKING SENATOR OF NABOO AFTER AMIDALA'S DEATH FUCKING IMPERIAL SYMPATHIZING SUPER-REWARDED ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

GIVE POWER TO THE CHANCELLOR, HE SAID...
BE GOOD FOR THE REPUBLIC, HE SAID....

er.

See?  Heeza big deal in the Star Wars story.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Dark Monk

I always rooted for the empire. Dark Troopers  :fap:
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Dark Monk

Which reminds me, anyone play Galactic Battlegrounds?
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Suu

Quote from: TheScarletReaper on November 07, 2008, 07:53:14 PM
I always rooted for the empire. Dark Troopers  :fap:

I'm a big fan of the Empire myself.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

NO WAI

I DIDN'T KNOW YUO WERE INTO STAR WARS

Suu

Quote from: Cramulus on November 07, 2008, 08:16:47 PM
NO WAI

I DIDN'T KNOW YUO WERE INTO STAR WARS

It's something new I've picked up recently.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 07, 2008, 07:01:55 PM
Kinda the same deal with Boba Fett too.  He only had a couple of lines too iirc. 
Somehow that made Boba Fett all the cooler,though..His lack of lines made him mysterious and neat..It didn't quite work the same way for Maul.
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Suu

For us folks who read the books, he's actually still alive.

...Fucking Karen Traviss.  :argh!:

shadowfurry23

Quote from: Suu on November 07, 2008, 07:44:37 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 07, 2008, 07:24:15 PM
Quote from: TheScarletReaper on November 07, 2008, 06:05:26 PM
Can I have Maul for December?
Everyone always overlooks Darth Maul....
He was reincarnated you know, and fought vader, almost beat him but Vader stabbed through his computer chest almost defeated and killed him.

You know why everyone overlooks him?  Because he had such potential to be a kickass character and instead was a mute chump.  People gripe about JarJar, but he has a more important place in the Star Wars story than Darth fucking Maul. 

FUCKING JAR JAR BINKS BECOMING FUCKING SENATOR OF NABOO AFTER AMIDALA'S DEATH FUCKING IMPERIAL SYMPATHIZING SUPER-REWARDED ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

GIVE POWER TO THE CHANCELLOR, HE SAID...
BE GOOD FOR THE REPUBLIC, HE SAID....

er.

We live our lives as though the prequel movies do not exist, around here.  None of that 'Special Edition' crap either - I have shown my kid only the original theatrical releases of the first 3 Star Wars movies.

We're all happier that way.
This play, however, is an affirmation of life—not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living, which is so excellent once one gets one's mind and one's desires out of its way and lets it act of its own accord. - John Cage

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on November 05, 2008, 08:12:47 PM
Guy Fawkes
by Payne, for the Discordians in History project, editing by Cram

Fawkes was born on 13 April 1570 in Stonegate, York, England. He first logged onto the internet on 16 April, 1586. He wrote several worthy posts and disappeared for some time, leaving some to ponder whether he had been jailed.

Fawkes' father Edward was descended from the Fawkes family of Farnley and he was either an In Real Life troll or a regular spag in the ecclesiastic courts, later becoming an advocate of the oppressive forum administration regime.

Fawkes was originally raised as a Sub-Genius, but in those days, you had to continue paying fees, which he could not maintain.

In 1592 Fawkes sold the Cadillac he had inherited from his father. In 1593, he enlisted in His Imperial Majesty's Elite Orbital Bombing Squadron (internet division). He served for many years as a soldier, gaining considerable expertise with expletives.

While serving in the Iron Troll Brigade, he adopted the name Guido, the Spanish form of Guy. He denied that this was a spaggy name.

("Guido's" Sig, totally not a spag.)

By 1602 he was still a total n00bler. There is some evidence that Fawkes was in considerable poverty around this time.

It's unsure how he came into contact with Winter and Catesby, but it has been postulated that they discovered him attempting to blow up a Protestant Church, whilst themselves scouting the church out for the same purpose.

It is assumed that the trio then went to the pub, as is usual when internet personalities meet up in real life. Over a mammoth drinking session, it was decided that blowing up the King would be "totally fuckin' win!", and so the conspiracy began.

Fawkes, with his expertise in expletives, was to fill the cellers underneath the Kings throne with capslock vulgarity. Meanwhile Winter would set up the webcams that would broadcast the jake, and Catesby would work on publicising the event, using IRC chatrooms.

The plan almost came off, but one of the troll channel regulars, butt-hurt after a flame war with Catesby, which he lost, called the cops.

Later, during trial, Fawkes stated that he had plotted the jake, "Fore thee Lulz".

He was Hung, drawn, quartered and IP banz0rred on 31 January, 1606.

Discordians burn stuff in his honour all over the world, occasionally burning effigies of him, particularly in the U.K., as no one likes someone getting a big ego.

This is fucking win.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Payne

:lulz:

I had fun writing that. There are things I would do differently now, but I still like it.

LMNO