News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

This thread is now about Furries, for some reason. Formerly: "So. Anonymous."

Started by Alfred Rhazi, November 07, 2008, 05:45:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 08, 2008, 02:40:52 AM
Hatred of entire blocks of people just because they belong to X religion or have Y skin color is messed up.

Well, sure, or at least tribally motivated or ignorant.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Hatred of entire blocks of people just because they belong to X religion or have Y skin color is messed up.

did you just equate following a moral code dictated to you by someone else (which you choose to do) with having a skin color (which you are born with, Michael Jackson notwithstanding)?

because that doesn't really work.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

the last yatto

Quote from: Alfred Rhazi on November 07, 2008, 05:45:33 PM
What does this little corner of the web think of them?
congratz you have earned your ten thetans :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 08, 2008, 05:36:04 AM

did you just equate following a moral code dictated to you by someone else (which you choose to do) with having a skin color (which you are born with, Michael Jackson notwithstanding)?

YESSSS
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 08, 2008, 05:36:04 AM

No, I didn't, I said hating someone because of one single identifying feature is wrong.  Chosen or not, it's still bigotry.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

East Coast Hustle

wrong.

hating someone for something they have chosen to do is not bigotry.

Otherwise, I'd be a bigot for hating white supremacists.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Alfred Rhazi

-Everyone says I'm very gullible. Should I believe them?-

-If you have any idea what I'm attempting to communicate here, you're either wrong or a telepath.-

Cain

Quote from: Kostatar on November 07, 2008, 10:23:06 PM
Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2008, 09:59:18 PM
The minute Anonymous started to take itself seriously was the moment it became an ego-crutch for basement dwelling social misfits.  It was an interesting example of emergence and web-based organization, but there are other examples of that now.

PING!

In the hacker universe, there are lots of groups like anonymous, but they actually remain, well, anonymous. ;-)

Yeah, I've stumbled upon groups like that on occasion.  Not very often, but here and there.

What was fascinating was when John Robb talked to a member of Anonymous, when discussing strategy for their attacks on the CoS.  I don't know if this particular member was well linked within the /i/nsurgency, but he had an excellent grip on 4GW and said that such theories had made an impact on how the fight was being directed, at least in the early days.

The Dark Monk

WTF, WHY DOES SHE GET THETANS?!
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Telarus

There are no thetans here.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Faust

duh, everyone gets ten free thetans when they register, if you have not received said thetans please check with your local post office
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 08, 2008, 02:35:47 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 07, 2008, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 07, 2008, 09:02:17 PM
Fuck you.

TOUCHÉ!!

Seriously, though, Scientology may be an evil pyramid scheme but it doesn't do anything as horrible as, say...and I'm just pulling a random example out of a hat, here....ohh, let's say changing a state constitution to fit its moral mandates.  So, really, fuck you.

Not yet, but they are getting there and I guess we can deal with them then, right?  So actually fuck you...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

BADGE OF HONOR

Oh, and what are they doing to do, put a tax on thetans?  Ban all aliens from outer space?

Pardon me for having different priorities than you.  I didn't know that individual thought was frowned upon round these parts.  Obviously I'm just completely wrong and have my head stuck up my ass.  Thanks for setting me straight, there, buddy.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

hooplala

I'm just saying that simply because they aren't controlling elections yet doesn't mean they never will... you can either resist them now or later, because with the way the Cos deal with it will probably eventually be a problem.

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 08, 2008, 12:34:43 PM
wrong.
hating someone for something they have chosen to do is not bigotry.
Otherwise, I'd be a bigot for hating white supremacists.

you're not?

Mr. Webster says:
: a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices  ; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

so, although it is especially associated racial or ethnic groups, it is not limited to that.
oooor, i could stick my foot in shit and say that hating gay people is hating someone for something they have 'chosen' to do.....  :D