News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

Mystery of Saturn's northern aurora

Started by Cain, November 14, 2008, 09:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

Quote from: Iptuous on November 15, 2008, 02:16:28 AM
i thought some teams had seen the shadows of gas giants pass in front of some stars a year or two ago.....
they were touting that as 'visual' confirmation.

Yes, but shadows and gravitational abberations are not visual confirmation in the sense that our vision receives reflected light, I guess.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Elder Iptuous

Yeah, i guess. i remember seeing the headline and then being dissappointed when the 'visual confirmation' turned out to be a shadow. oh well....

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Verbal Mike

This aurora thing sounds like good material for ARGGASM. The colliding universes thing would "explain" it.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Tik-Tok of Oz on November 15, 2008, 08:11:02 AMHere's a pic of the extra-solar planet:

SAURON????

wtf are all these fantasy/scifi things doing in real outerspace?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish