News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

How did you find Eris(and what did you do to her )

Started by Verthaine, April 15, 2004, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quercus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 30, 2009, 12:50:38 AM
Quote from: Quercus on January 29, 2009, 11:10:18 PM
Eris kicked me in the shin when I met the man who is now my fiance. A while later, we actually met at sushi party and got drunk on plum sake.

Who the fuck drinks Sake?

Generally people, but I suppose squirrels could drink it too if they wanted.
PLEASE PRINT ALIGNMENT PAGE

Pariah

Eris kicked me in the shin when I met the man who is now my fiance. A while later, we actually met at sushi party and got drunk on plum sake.

The Wapanese all whist fapping to anime?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I do... especially when mixed in a "Tokyo Iced Tea"

Rum+Vodka+Plum Wine+Sake+Triple Sec+Sour Mix+splash of 7Up = AWESOME
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

I had sake a couple of times, most of the time it was disgusting, and one time it was really really good. But not that extremely good that I'm going to bother finding out why it was so good.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Triple "Dave" Zero on January 30, 2009, 08:58:43 PM
I had sake a couple of times, most of the time it was disgusting, and one time it was really really good. But not that extremely good that I'm going to bother finding out why it was so good.

Sake is a complex drink, it taste best in the mix I mentioned. WARNING: two of those will probably do any normal drinker (Scottish Spags excluded). They are a lovely mix of wines and hard liquor and seem to land with a serious wallop.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dead Kennedy

Eris first appeared to me in the form of Brigitte Nielsen in the film Red Sonja.  I can trace my entire journey to Erisian thought to seeing that film in a theater in Albuquerque, New Mexico one hot summer in 1985.  I was ten years old.

Two weeks after seeing the film I was in a game store to purchase a chess board.  The store, a fairly upscale and grown-up place (not a toy store), had a display of the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set.  The game seemed to hold the promise of the film, so I begged my dad to buy it.  He did.

Four years later I joined a gaming group in Seattle.  One day a player was running late, and the DM pulled out his copy of Steve Jackson Games Illuminati.  We drew Societies at random, and I got the Discordians.  I thought they were stupid, but I really liked the game.

One day I happened to be in a game store looking for a new game, and I saw the Steve Jackson edition of the Principia Discordia.  I flipped through it, didn't get it at all (is this related to a game?), but was so curious I ended up buying it.

It was pretty much all downhill from there.

To steal a person's voice is to censor them.  Change this sig and you are the censor. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

Marquis Cablewitch

(See I'm just too damn busy to post much or skim the place but I'm bored this afternoon and really enjoyed this thread so thought I'd chip in my 2p)

Basically I found Eris by the normal route, I made up strange religious parodies, read the Diceman, found weird Subgenius stuff online, read that, then found the Principia followed by Illuminatus! and then a flood of other crazy shit.  After all this I realised that I wasn't alone in my natural predisposition to want glorious horrible freedom and to take glorious horrible joy in fucking with peoples brains, including my own.

After a while I started having too many weird experiences and knackled down into working with chaos magic since its the Done Thing(tm).  After that I flirted with several other brands to create my own Brand X, since then I've done my damnest to balance blah vs. wah!, tap into my pineal gland (although I'm not hardcore enough yet, not trepanned myself), have a good laugh etc. etc. and in the course of this I've met Eris a couple of times.

The first time I was suffering intense pain from kidney stones, which by the way is a glorious method of beating down your brain down, she told me some trippy stuff (which I'm still trying to grok) then left me to my whimpering.

I've also seen her in a few dreams, where shes communicated a mixture of mystical states and practical if obtuse snippets.

As to what I've done to her, well nothing really, except perhaps exasperated her with my inflexibility a few times, its often more a what shes doing to me thing.

Cramulus

There are tons of ways to romance Eris without using a hallucinated godform as a mediator. Sure, occult practices make you feel like you're tapped right into the root of it, but I think that's really only the surface layer of Discordia. (I'm kind of post-occult myself, so take that for what you will.)

anyway, welcome aboard and dive right in!

Sheered Völva

Welcome Marquis Cablewitch. And don't be shocked when people here flame you, insult you, and say you aren't good enough to eat their already digested blood pudding.  That's just our way of saying, "Hello."

And for Goddess sake don't defend yourself for 20 pages! That never works.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Marquis Cablewitch on February 04, 2009, 04:27:44 PM
(See I'm just too damn busy to post much or skim the place but I'm bored this afternoon and really enjoyed this thread so thought I'd chip in my 2p)

I lurked here for a month before I posted anything. If you don't get a feel for this place before they attack you, you're dead meat.

hooplala

SV, you seem to me to have a skewed view of this place.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I jumped right on in without lurking much, myself. Lots of people do.

Tends to work out fine, depending on one's attitude.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 04, 2009, 05:22:24 PM
Quote from: Marquis Cablewitch on February 04, 2009, 04:27:44 PM

I lurked here for a month before I posted anything. If you don't get a feel for this place before they attack you, you're dead meat.

Untrue! I came in here without a feel for the place, started posting, and got flamed. Mostly for being a twit, but I held my ground and came out of the whole ordeal with my major organs hardly damaged at all.

fomenter

scars resulting from being hit with bar stools are a source of pride
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp