News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

How did you find Eris(and what did you do to her )

Started by Verthaine, April 15, 2004, 08:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cainad on February 05, 2009, 11:46:46 PM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 04, 2009, 05:22:24 PM
Quote from: Marquis Cablewitch on February 04, 2009, 04:27:44 PM
(See I'm just too damn busy to post much or skim the place but I'm bored this afternoon and really enjoyed this thread so thought I'd chip in my 2p)

I lurked here for a month before I posted anything. If you don't get a feel for this place before they attack you, you're dead meat.

Untrue! I came in here without a feel for the place, started posting, and got flamed. Mostly for being a twit, but I held my ground and came out of the whole ordeal with my major organs hardly damaged at all.

I showed up, posted, received little to no flames.
It probably just means I'm a better discordian than you.
That, or I use my secret mod status to eliminate posters that I don't like.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Risus on February 06, 2009, 12:01:14 AM
(See I'm just too damn busy to post much or skim the place but I'm bored this afternoon and really enjoyed this thread so thought I'd chip in my 2p)

I lurked here for a month before I posted anything. If you don't get a feel for this place before they attack you, you're dead meat.

Untrue! I came in here without a feel for the place, started posting, and got flamed. Mostly for being a twit, but I held my ground and came out of the whole ordeal with my major organs hardly damaged at all.

1) You post less, reducing opportunities for asshattery.
2) You tend to be funnier than I am.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cainad on February 06, 2009, 12:10:14 AM
Quote from: Risus on February 06, 2009, 12:01:14 AM

Either that

or

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

I did too.

It's the way my dad taught me to swim.  St.Ray was a brilliant and insane motherfucker. 
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Marquis Cablewitch

Quote from: Cramulus on February 04, 2009, 04:44:11 PM
There are tons of ways to romance Eris without using a hallucinated godform as a mediator. Sure, occult practices make you feel like you're tapped right into the root of it, but I think that's really only the surface layer of Discordia. (I'm kind of post-occult myself, so take that for what you will.)

anyway, welcome aboard and dive right in!

True enough, I find strange coincidences and vague feelings help as well, but hallucinations can be such vivid fun, although they're often damnably vague.

Ta for the welcome, I'll do my best to overcome my lurking tendencies.

Marquis Cablewitch

Quote from: Cainad on February 06, 2009, 12:10:14 AM

Well I reckon that point 1 will be mainly my tactic, I can't promise anything on pt. 2.

Thanks for the welcome all, I'll lurk around.

p.s. That frigging dancing can has given me the fear, wonderful :)

Palanar

I was handed a copy by a short, fat, hairy, gay Pagan named Andy who had a crush on me. I read it all in one sitting and laughed myself silly. Been in love with Eris ever since  :D

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Palanar on February 10, 2009, 07:52:42 PM
I was handed a copy by a short, fat, hairy, gay Pagan named Andy who had a crush on me. I read it all in one sitting and laughed myself silly. Been in love with Eris ever since  :D

(above is the poster above's first post)

You're sick.  :x

Welcome.  :)

Jasper

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 11, 2009, 06:32:27 AM
Quote from: Palanar on February 10, 2009, 07:52:42 PM

(above is the poster above's first post)

This message was brought to you by the Redundancy Department of Redundancy. :)

Aufenthatt

After years of confused and dispairing confusion, I found myself being preached the ethics of some philosopher, Kant or Aquinas or one of the utilitarianism guys, I forget.
In an instant something clicked, immediately I felt free, enlightened.
I was totally anarchic, and within my own head, apparently things had changed.
I half minded got a Bacon cob, not entirely in control of my actions, (if I ever was).
Some guy was trying to tell me about Nam, I came out of my skull, completely bamboozled him with circular logic and spent an hour talking to a girl about the pros and cons of formulaic vs spontaneous comedy. She was in a bad mood I think, I couldn't really tell, I felt so good.

I went home, and there was the goddess, on my landing, sitting on top of a pile of French-German translation dictionaries. She showed me that I could have my freedom, if I wanted.

What did I do to her?

Ignored her and smiled like a moron.
It was at about that time line belly the slender sat on me and demanded love, so I acted like a evil supergenious for a while.

Eventually the memories of the feeling and the thoughts faded, but they are in here somewhere, just waiting for me to order them a vindaloo.

Pariah

StumbleUpon to Postergasm
Postergasm to BIP
BIP to Principia Discordia.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

LMNO

Quote from: Obecalp on February 12, 2009, 03:56:35 AM
Postergasm to BIP

Srsly?  In reverse?

That's pretty awesome.

Pariah

Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2009, 12:46:52 PM
Quote from: Obecalp on February 12, 2009, 03:56:35 AM
Postergasm to BIP

Srsly?  In reverse?

That's pretty awesome.

To this day I still think BIP is better than the Principia.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!