News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Neverwhere(Comic)

Started by Shadowdaemon, November 15, 2008, 04:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowdaemon

http://rapidshare.com/files/163883108/Neverwhere.rar

"In urban areas, we tend to tune out the homeless to the point where we don't even see them. What if we really don't see them? What if there's another world, just slightly out of sync with this one, where the rules are all different. (JMS used a similar springboard for Midnight Nation, but took it in a completely different direction.) There's poverty, and scavenging... but there's also magic, and honor, and a society with its own strange codes. The story follows everyman Richard Mayhew as, through a simple act of kindness, he slips through the cracks from London Above to London Below. In order to get back, he has to help a mysterious girl named Door on her quest to find her family's killers and honor their legacy...and escape the assassins tracking them both!" - http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/archives/2005/03/15/neverwhere-30/

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2008, 11:37:00 PM
Prisons are for those who cannot exist without preying on others.

Murderers, rapists, thieves, and Halliburton execs. 

Potheads?  Meh.  All they do is sit on the couch, eating Cheetohs.

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2008, 11:05:57 AM
The Bible sucks hairy goat balls.  Awful writing, boring plot, nothing of interest whatsoever.  "Elia who begat Noah who begat Adam who begat Joesph who begat NO-ONE GIVES A FUCKING SHIT, THATS WHO."

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Golden Applesauce

Neverwhere (the novel) wasn't as good as the rest of Gaiman's stuff.  As a graphic novel it might be more interesting, though.

I am a bit confused why someone other than Neil Gaiman would turn it into a graphic novel, however.  I mean, it's not like Gaiman lacks proficiency with the medium...
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

VIDEODROME

Read the novel quite a while ago.  I liked Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemaar as villains.

I don't know about picking it up and reading it again illustrated.  I might take a look at it. 

I've also seen an illustrated Stephen King's Gunslinger but I don't know if it's worth picking up.
The experiments will continue...    film at 11.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I have both the novel and the graphic novel... both are interesting, though I liked the novel better. The BBC miniseries is available via YouTube and it's also interesting.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson