News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Almond Crescent Cookies

Started by Sister_Gothique, November 16, 2008, 06:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sister_Gothique

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened(I typically use margarine, tastes better, but there isn't a huge difference)
1 cup finely ground almonds
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
     *cat sits in the middle of my paper*
3 drops almond extract
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon honey

Combine the flour, sugar, almonds and almond extract in a large bowl. Add the butter, honey and egg yolk and mix well. Cover with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge for about an hour and a half to two hours.

When that's done, grab a handful (plum-sized amount or so) and mold it into a crescent(or pretty much whatever the hell shape you feel like). The dough itself is really crumbly and you kind of have to work it a bit (you really get your hands into it, so makes great fun for kids. Great messes too).

Put them on a well-greased cookie sheet and bake them at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes. Makes about 12 mondo cookies or a fuck-ton of little ones.
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Ludwig

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."