News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Intermittens, issue 1

Started by Cramulus, November 17, 2008, 08:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kai

This is truly wondrous Cramulus.

It shows just how little work you need to do to pull off one of these. Srsly.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Golden Applesauce

Kudos and thanks.

Now I feel the need to write something as well.

ETA: is the Etc. Discordia getting off the ground?  If not, cannabalize the better articles for issue II.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Rhaythe

Looks great. I'm still amazed you put it together in only 3 hours.

:mittens:

Payne

I'm fielding Issue Two.

More details as I make them up.

Cramulus

Excellent, Payne!

You two:

Quote from: Valerie on November 17, 2008, 10:01:58 PM
I'd like to be an editor for an issue, if no one minds. I'd have to start trudging through the forums for stuff, but...

Quote from: Manta Obscura on November 17, 2008, 10:11:26 PM
I'd also like to give editing a try sometime, although I'd like to put it off

yes, please put together issues.

may I suggest? don't wait in line to make an issue - begin working on it now, even if only in the conceptual stage.
          -and also don't overthink it:

The first one you make will be the most challenging, so I suggest just firing it out of your brain like you're clearing a bong

or a crackpipe

Vene

Slight criticism; needs moar barstool.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cainad on November 17, 2008, 09:38:44 PM
Can "Who Killed The Lulz" be a sort of recurring theme? As in, every publication will take some already-published text and replace the name of the main subject with "lulz," generally revolving around the theme of lulz being killed or disappearing.

yes, you should write that column!

Valerie - Gone

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2008, 12:39:43 AM
yes, please put together issues.
may I suggest? don't wait in line to make an issue - begin working on it now, even if only in the conceptual stage.
          -and also don't overthink it:
The first one you make will be the most challenging, so I suggest just firing it out of your brain like you're clearing a bong
Ack! Um, it's going to have to wait at least until this next weekend. This is my last week of school before Thanksgiving holidays, so I'm a tad busy. Also, I've never done anything like this before, so I'll have to figure things out.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2008, 12:41:41 AM
Can "Who Killed The Lulz" be a sort of recurring theme? As in, every publication will take some already-published text and replace the name of the main subject with "lulz," generally revolving around the theme of lulz being killed or disappearing.

8)

There's one pre-made in the "Insightful Post Dump" thread, besides yours. H.P. Lovecraft, murder mysteries... this is gonna be fun!

Payne

Quote from: Cainad on November 18, 2008, 02:40:18 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2008, 12:41:41 AM

8)

There's one pre-made in the "Insightful Post Dump" thread, besides yours. H.P. Lovecraft, murder mysteries... this is gonna be fun!

I'll grab that for Issue 2 then

Zenpeanut

Cram you Damnulus! The massive awesomeness (and massive size) has reduced my stapler to tears from trying to bind the pages.

Cain

Repost from other thread:

From here on in, I would like to be notified when my work is being used beforehand.

What I post on a forum with people I more or less know is not how I would post to a new, unknown audience and I would like time to make any necessary edits or raise questions about the use of the essay in question.  This does not necessarily relate to generally using my work elsewhere a la kopyleft (where an individual can highlight or extrapolate on the parts they wish to use) but the fixed format magazine/download, which does not allow for such feedback.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on November 18, 2008, 10:56:13 AM
From here on in, I would like to be notified when my work is being used beforehand.

What I post on a forum with people I more or less know is not how I would post to a new, unknown audience and I would like time to make any necessary edits or raise questions about the use of the essay in question.  This does not necessarily relate to generally using my work elsewhere a la kopyleft (where an individual can highlight or extrapolate on the parts they wish to use) but the fixed format magazine/download, which does not allow for such feedback.

TIA

cool - may I suggest updating your kopyleft note to reflect that?

also - would you like to edit the pieces of yours I've put in Transmittens? It's not difficult to update, and the more I look at issue 1, the more little shit I see that I'd like to tighten up anyway.

if publishing your stuff without your green light caused some annoyance,
mea culpa; my bad

Cramulus

So a few people have mentioned that they have layout skillz

If someone would like to step up to the plate, I'd like to capitalize on that - issue 1 needs better layout. I can send an edited .doc for anyone that wants to toss it into a more magazinelike format.

Anybody interested?