News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

LITGASM

Started by Cramulus, November 17, 2008, 09:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

This is the first GASM I've come up with in a while which I intend on making a big fuss about. So please help out by participating / spreading the word, because the project is pretty ambitious...

LITGASM is the attempt to tag all Discordian works on the web. It was first described in INTERMITTENS, my spaggy Discordian magazine thing.

The problem is that when you're new to Discordia, you've probably read the PD, but nothing else. Where is the other stuff? What have Discordians been up to for the last 50 years? ---other than spagging around on myspace, livejournal, etc etc etc....

I would like us to create a central suppository of Discordian Works, so if you're into Discordia, you don't have to zip all over the web to find it.

So what's a Discordian Work?

• Sermons
  • Rants
  • Essays
  • Images
  • Music
  • Specifically Discordian Blog Posts
  • Religious Crap - rituals, ceremonies, holydays, chants, etc etc
  • Whatever else you feel is appropriate

What you can do:

-Spread LITGASM to other Discordian people and places
-Get a del.icio.us account and start tagging stuff

Tag All Discordian works with both the tags "litgasm" and "discordian"!

Thoughts? Ideas?

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cramulus on November 17, 2008, 09:13:34 PM
This is the first GASM I've come up with in a while which I intend on making a big fuss about. So please help out by participating / spreading the word, because the project is pretty ambitious...

LITGASM is the attempt to tag all Discordian works on the web. It was first described in INTERMITTENS, my spaggy Discordian magazine thing.

The problem is that when you're new to Discordia, you've probably read the PD, but nothing else. Where is the other stuff? What have Discordians been up to for the last 50 years? ---other than spagging around on myspace, livejournal, etc etc etc....

I would like us to create a central suppository of Discordian Works, so if you're into Discordia, you don't have to zip all over the web to find it.

So what's a Discordian Work?

• Sermons
  • Rants
  • Essays
  • Images
  • Music
  • Specifically Discordian Blog Posts
  • Religious Crap - rituals, ceremonies, holydays, chants, etc etc
  • Whatever else you feel is appropriate

What you can do:

-Spread LITGASM to other Discordian people and places
-Get a del.icio.us account and start tagging stuff

Thoughts? Ideas?

Cram,

I've started a del.icio.us account, and have tagged several "major" Discordian works already. You can find my del.icio.us account at http://delicious.com/Manta_Obscura.

More to come soon.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

You said "suppository", heh heh heh!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

So do you want to tag them or acquire them to host at one place?

And what do you mean by "tag them?"
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

tag them. With del.icio.us.

tag them LITGASM and other words that might apply

this is an archival project, so be descriptive and make it easy for people to find what they're looking for

it's going to be quite a bit of work, because we have to tag, like, all this stuff:
http://23ae.com/index.asp?cat=5 (scripture section from 23ae)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Could StumbleUpon help with this?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Triple Zero

basically you can check out the progress at this page: http://delicious.com/tag/litgasm

every URL you tag on delicious* with litgasm will appear on that feed. for extra descriptiveness, add a bunch of other tags to it as well. and write the description, and title in a useful manner.

* Yahoo bought del.icio.us and removed the dots. I'm sad about this. Not that Yahoo bought it, but about the dots.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

From here on in, I would like to be notified when my work is being used beforehand.

What I post on a forum with people I more or less know is not how I would post to a new, unknown audience and I would like time to make any necessary edits or raise questions about the use of the essay in question.  This does not necessarily relate to generally using my work elsewhere a la kopyleft (where an individual can highlight or extrapolate on the parts they wish to use) but the fixed format magazine/download, which does not allow for such feedback.

TIA

Cramulus

Quote from: Net on November 18, 2008, 05:26:26 AM
Could StumbleUpon help with this?

probably help with locating stuff, yeah

Cramulus

DELICIOUS.COM ACCOUNT for PD USERS TOO LAZY TO GET THEIR OWN ACCOUNT

username: Golden_Apple_Corps
pwd: worm23

DON'T ABUSE IT

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2008, 03:09:45 PM
DELICIOUS.COM ACCOUNT for PD USERS TOO LAZY TO GET THEIR OWN ACCOUNT

username: Golden_Apple_Corps
pwd: worm23

:fap:

QuoteDON'T ABUSE IT

...  :sad:

.. nah j/k :mittens: ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Cramulus

IIRC there are a few people here who are involved in deviantart and livejournal. There's a discordian community in both of those places.

Can I get a volunteer to go there and wave around the litgasm flag,
and get the project started?

hooplala

I don't have a lot of spare time right now, but I will do what I can...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

where at?

ALSO: anyone who wants to help, but doesn't know where to start--
post, and I'll give you a section to start tagging