News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Intermittens Staff Signup

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payne

If we do that, we need to use a zombified picture of Maurice Gibb. Srsly.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Manta Obscura on November 21, 2008, 02:10:17 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 21, 2008, 06:06:05 AM
I've always thought that it'd be fun to take some of the questions from Billy Graham's daily column and answer them from a Discordian perspective.  I'd be willing to do something like that for a couple of issues.

Where does BG's daily column appear? I'd like to read it, just so I could have a comparison.
It appears in a bunch of Tribune owned newspapers.  You can see it online here:

http://www.billygraham.org/MyAnswer_Article.asp?ArticleID=5503

I really wish they had an archive.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Harlequin

I'm always up for contributing artwork. And I may well be able to write a few occasional items.
After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Dysfunctional Cunt

Just a thought but.....

A few of us here could rotate doing a repeating column with the "Speaking as a Mother......." by-line...

Jenne?

Nigel?

maybe?

Jenne

:lol:  That meme was awesome.  Sure, I'm game, Khara.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Khara on November 26, 2008, 06:14:47 PM
Just a thought but.....

A few of us here could rotate doing a repeating column with the "Speaking as a Mother......." by-line...

Jenne?

Nigel?

maybe?

What about "Mr.Mom's"?
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think there's any reason this magazine needs to be racist against single dads. Dads can speak as mothers too.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

tyrannosaurus vex

I was going to write my own little pamphlet thing but if Intermittens would have it, I think I'd rather convert it into a series or regular column for the magazine.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Nigel on November 26, 2008, 07:50:50 PM
I don't think there's any reason this magazine needs to be racist against single dads. Dads can speak as mothers too.

Can we still be against the Blacks and Gays? And Jews?
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Dysfunctional Cunt

I really didn't mean it that way.  Other than us, I only know of a couple of the guys here who have kids....  They are more than welcome to do their thing...  We could always do the Mr. Mom thing, it would be really cute.

I was just throwing out ideas...

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Khara on November 26, 2008, 09:46:16 PM

I really didn't mean it that way.  Other than us, I only know of a couple of the guys here who have kids....  They are more than welcome to do their thing...  We could always do the Mr. Mom thing, it would be really cute.

I'm wearing my holiday apron right now, popping pills and ignoring the kids...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on November 26, 2008, 09:42:54 PM

Can we still be against the Blacks and Gays? And Jews?

If you're going to be a mom, you have to be inclusive so that no one feels left out. AND remind them to bring sweaters so they don't get chilly.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on November 26, 2008, 09:49:28 PM

I'm wearing my holiday apron right now, popping pills and ignoring the kids...

You are a SHITTY MOM.

I hand the job back to Khara.

Jenne

It was a great idea, Khara.  I'm still in if you are.

LMNO

Oh,  I forgot to mention, count me in.  I'm open to whatever.