News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Intermittens Staff Signup

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Jenne on November 27, 2008, 12:45:05 AM
Quote from: Khara on November 26, 2008, 09:46:16 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 26, 2008, 07:50:50 PM
I don't think there's any reason this magazine needs to be racist against single dads. Dads can speak as mothers too.

I really didn't mean it that way.  Other than us, I only know of a couple of the guys here who have kids....  They are more than welcome to do their thing...  We could always do the Mr. Mom thing, it would be really cute.

I was just throwing out ideas...

It was a great idea, Khara.  I'm still in if you are.

Yeah, I'm in!!

Who is editing this month's?  What is the main theme do we know?

Cramulus

Payne's writing issue 2. Theme: "Elements of New Discordia". (see thread) Val has mentioned she wants to edit an issue but hasn't picked a topic yet. I will be editing an issue as well, but still haven't picked a theme. I'm thinking "Adventure" maybe?

LMNO

I think I want to contribute an old but updated essay on the "New Chart", because that expanded the notions and intermingling of Creation, Destruction, Order, and Disorder.

Cramulus

okay, at this point, the following people have signed up to be regular contributors to Intermittens.

(let me know if what you MEANT to say was "I only want to write one article, not a regular column")

Writers:
Payne - will write a General column
Cainad - writes "Who Killed the Lulz"
RWHN - will do "some writing"
Hoopla - Advice Column / Glorious Antics
Manta Obscura - some column
Requiem - Horrormirth (current events)
Nigel - Pranking
Iason - take some of the questions from Billy Graham's daily column and answer them from a Discordian perspective
Jenne - Speaking as a Mother

Artists:
Telarus - will provide doodles or layout on demand
Nurbldoff - Illustrations (suggestions must be provided)
Harlequin - Artwork

Misc.
Khara - Miscellaneous assistance ("I'm in to do whatever is needed.")
Vexati0n - Something
LMNO - something

awesome! We're going to have a packed magazine!!

Those of you who want to write something, but haven't figured out what, I encourage you to come up with a title for your regular column. Post your fragments of thoughts, and we'll brainstorm and feedback until you feel more comfortable.

I hope you guys are busy writing something for Payne's Issue 2... (theme: The New Elements of Discordia) Payne hasn't been around, but don't hold up on account of him. Post stuff to his thread. If he dies again, I'll pick up where he left off.

I will eventually be doing another issue. Right now the theme I'm leaning towards is "Adventure".

Telarus

Ok, I've been poking around with layout, etc. This would be a good point to ask if we want any continuity between issues (table of contents, headers/footers, etc, etc). Also, do we have any art resources that we can use across multiple issues? Do we want to run with the 'Mittens' theme?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on December 02, 2008, 12:29:24 AM
Ok, I've been poking around with layout, etc. This would be a good point to ask if we want any continuity between issues (table of contents, headers/footers, etc, etc). Also, do we have any art resources that we can use across multiple issues? Do we want to run with the 'Mittens' theme?

gooooood questions

I bet your energy would be best spent constructing a template of some sort so that other aspiring layout dudes could snap together an issue laser pronto doublequick hotcakes.

A standard typeface, wingdings, etc would really help with the magazine feel, too.

For dingbats etc, I suggest fnord.ttf and fnordfont2.ttf, which have a lot of great discordian stamps and crap.

Once you've got a skeleton, please do start a thread for Intermittens layout workshop. We'll squint at it until it looks cool.

Jenne

Swinging by to say that Cram, you should add Khara to the "Speaking as a Mother" theme--she and I will hammer out some stuff together.

Khara, pm on the way.

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on December 01, 2008, 11:11:31 PM

Writers:
Payne - will write a General column
Cainad - writes "Who Killed the Lulz"
RWHN - will do "some writing"
Hoopla - Advice Column / Glorious Antics
Manta Obscura - some column
Requiem - Horrormirth (current events)
Nigel - Pranking
Iason - take some of the questions from Billy Graham's daily column and answer them from a Discordian perspective
Jenne - Speaking as a Mother

Artists:
Telarus - will provide doodles or layout on demand
Nurbldoff - Illustrations (suggestions must be provided)
Harlequin - Artwork

Misc.
Khara - Miscellaneous assistance ("I'm in to do whatever is needed.")
Vexati0n - Something
LMNO - something

Not in the list, plotting revenge now...
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

tyrannosaurus vex

somebody needs to come up with ads to fill up the magazine.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Real ads or fake ads? Or does it matter?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cramulus

I'm pretty sure nobody's gonna pay for adspace, and even someone did, who would make the money?

fake ads could be hilarious though

tyrannosaurus vex

yeah. fake ads. which would in fact be hilarious like Cram says.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'm sure somebody would be willing to pay a stipend for ridiculous ads for companies they dislike to be put in here. Imagine how IBM might react. But I digress.

I'll be willing to attempt to supply some fake ads.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Enki-][ on December 03, 2008, 03:02:17 AM
I'm sure somebody would be willing to pay a stipend for ridiculous ads for companies they dislike to be put in here. Imagine how IBM might react. But I digress.

I'll be willing to attempt to supply some fake ads.

If you put ridiculous ads that have recognizable allusions to companies, either by brand, logo, tagline, jingle or spokesperson, marketing lawyers will swarm all over your ass (no lube) if they so much as catch a whiff of the publication. I work with the bastards all the time, and they're vultures.

Better to just stick with the fake ads. I've always liked the "obscene ads" for fake funniness:

Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.