News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Intermittens Staff Signup

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Net on November 18, 2008, 05:18:58 AM
What's the next theme?

That's up to Payne (or another editor, if someone beats him to it). When he has his thoughts collected, he'll start a thread for the issue and we'll all chime in with what we can do.

And as of right now, intermittens features columns written by:

• Cainad - Lulz cutups
  • Hoopla - Advice Column / Glorious Antics
  • Roger? - hatecolumn
  • RWHN? - ????

Manta Obscura

I'm in.

My areas of expertise (stylistically speaking) are as follows:

1) Memoir-style first-person essays.
2) Dialogues or short plays.
3) Short jingles or poems, set to the tune of other jingles or poems.
4) Traditional essay.
5) Short stories, any perspective.
6) Speech-writing
7) Rants

Subjects of interest to me are as follows:

1) Words, language/linguistics and grammar, especially the changes therein.
2) Mythology and gods.
3) The interaction of psychology and mythology.
4) Popular culture studies.
5) Rhetoric.
6) The "Great Five": Monkeys, Zombies, Robots, Pirates, and Ninjas. I am currently writing a book about them which is half humorous, half serious.
7) Afterlife studies.
8) Literary/current event interpretation.
9) Religious experiences.
10) A whole slew of other things, but those are the main ones.

I can easily do any combination of those styles and subjects, and with some research I can do even more. Tell me what you need done or what subject you'd like the next issue to be, and I can do it.

Personally, my preference would be to do a column integrating several aspects, such as rhetoric, literature and words, written as a rant or advice column giving people hints and tips for their life. For example, if Payne chooses "Hate" as the theme for the next issue, TGRR could include any of a wide range of his rants, Net could write some articles about the physiological basis of hate, and I could write an article about using hate as fuel for effective coercion.

Rhetoric is the shit.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2008, 04:54:47 AM
Quote from: Net on November 18, 2008, 04:48:34 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 18, 2008, 04:42:43 AM
I need to start writing again.

I could barf up some high quality hate...but you're not really into that, IIRC.

I am.

Pls to barf into Intermittens.

WHEN IS DUE?

I'll want one, will be making a thread today with the kind of stuff I want for the Issue, and I reckon you'll be  a perfect addition.

Suu

I could write something, though my rants tend to suck, maybe I can start a continuous story that I have to post a chapter of every issue?

And I can help with editing too. *pokes In Design on her dead comp* I'm looking to get more experience working with desktop publishing.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

GENERAL NOTICE

KEEP IN MIND that you don't need to sign up for a recurring column if you only want to write an article or two. We'll still need people to supply content who AREN'T columnists. So if you want to see your name in print, but don't want to commit to writing a 400 word column every time some spag gets editorial airs, that's cool too.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I write different stuff all the time, so I have no problem sticking a bunch of stuff in a directory somewhere for you guys to grab and copypasta.

I also have huge documents spat out by markov chains, which can be segmented at random for ideas and/or titles.

I'll link later.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cramulus on November 18, 2008, 03:31:10 PM
GENERAL NOTICE

KEEP IN MIND that you don't need to sign up for a recurring column if you only want to write an article or two. We'll still need people to supply content who AREN'T columnists. So if you want to see your name in print, but don't want to commit to writing a 400 word column every time some spag gets editorial airs, that's cool too.

That works. Truth be told, I would probably get lazy about being a regular columnist. I'll just write about subjects that appeal to me as they arise.

Manta Obscura

Enki, do you have a full-text of all of the random meme bombs you've put in the Meme Bomb thread? If so, would you post them all in one place on the Insightful Post Dump? An idea for an issue is percolating, revolving around entries based on the themes of some of the Meme Bombs.

If you don't have them in one place it's no big deal, but it will take some digging to dredge up all of the posts into one location.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Sure.

http://namcub.accela-labs.com/stories/ebooks/magick/f676fc638.txt <-- this is the big list someone else compiled. It seems to be in alphabetical order.

I stuck a couple of my documents in http://namcub.accela-labs.com/stories/ebooks/MITTENS

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Enki-][ on November 18, 2008, 04:38:47 PM
Sure.

http://namcub.accela-labs.com/stories/ebooks/magick/f676fc638.txt <-- this is the big list someone else compiled. It seems to be in alphabetical order.

I stuck a couple of my documents in http://namcub.accela-labs.com/stories/ebooks/MITTENS

Thanks, Enki.

Because of the size of these documents, I'm just going to cut and paste this post with the links as-is.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

What with the political stuff and the BIP look-and-feel, I figured somebody might have a use for this:

I was going to subtitle it with "DEMOCRACY" in the Despair style, but meh.

hashishi

QuoteWhat with the political stuff and the BIP look-and-feel, I figured somebody might have a use for this:

I was going to subtitle it with "DEMOCRACY" in the Despair style, but meh.
How about: The last doughnuts are OURS.

I can contribute as I get inspired. I do pictures and mash-ups and can write too, best way for me to work is to look at the topic, think for a bit and see what happens.

I'm Emailing vol 1 to my photocopy slave at the local Uni, she will do up a few copies and distribute them to likely deviants there.

And...
:mittens:

Requia ☣

I'm thinking of doing a short column entitled Horrormirth.  Probably mostly current events.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'll try to write an article about pranking.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Requia ☣

Also, Roger, I would love to see some hate in there.  And if you don't do it, I'll have to come up with my own pathetic attempts.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.