News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Intermittens Staff Signup

Started by Cramulus, November 18, 2008, 12:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheered Völva

Is Intermittens Only for PDers?  I guess I am one, whatever that means, only because I'm here.

But I know some Discordians who don't go here.  Can they play, too?

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Cainad (dec.)

I doubt anyone here will seriously object to getting non-PD.commies to contribute to Intermittens.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 02, 2009, 03:32:20 AM
Is Intermittens Only for PDers?  I guess I am one, whatever that means, only because I'm here.

Do they have cool things?

Or shiny things?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Speaking as a mother:

Intermittens is an open-source, public domain magazine. One might say that we're an anarchist press, because there's no chain of command. So to answer your question, yeah, anybody can contribute. In fact, any Discordian is encouraged to release their own copy of Intermittens, even without communicating with this group.

my girlfriend, for example, who has nothing to do with this board, is strongly considering making her own issue out of collage and stuff. That's totally cool! Seriously, everybody who wants to make stuff for Intermittens is totally invited. This isn't a clique-activity. The reason to submit stuff here is because people here have volunteered to edit the issues. But if your friends want to edit their own issues, there's no need to get "permission" from "us" or anything. fo' shizzle!

fomenter

this is a discordian project we have countless rules a strict hierarchy and a carefully organized and ordered way of producing the intermittens magazine.
instruct your friends to fill out the proper forms in triplicate with the accompanying identification documents and send them, with the article they wish to submit to the proper department of discordian bureaucracy.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Faust

Quote from: Fomenter on February 02, 2009, 04:28:41 PM
this is a discordian project we have countless rules a strict hierarchy and a carefully organized and ordered way of producing the intermittens magazine.
instruct your friends to fill out the proper forms in triplicate with the accompanying identification documents and send them, with the article they wish to submit to the proper department of discordian bureaucracy.
You are forgetting the copyleft legislation that needs to be stamped by a judge and included in the application
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

that being said, here are the reasons to make Intermittens with the help of this community:

-numerous hilarious columnist that love to see their names in print
-Intermittens is a Golden Apple Seed Mission, meaning that collaboration is encouraged!
-people here may have skillsets that you lack (layout, graphic design, horoscopes, etc)
-we will help workshop the issue and run with ideas. A diverse community [hopefully] produces diverse feedback.

the most important reason to post here is so that someone can add the finished issue to this Intermittens page: http://www.blackironprison.com/index.php?title=Intermittens

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 02, 2009, 07:43:37 AM

Do they have cool things?

Or shiny things?

Their things aren't very shiny, but they're fun to play with.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Cainad on February 02, 2009, 05:30:43 AM
I doubt anyone here will seriously object to getting non-PD.commies to contribute to Intermittens.

How can they submit without joining? Some people are pretty scared of this place....

EDIT: What if there was one place they could send submissions without joining anything, maybe an email address?

Cramulus

I dunno, I'm not really into creating an e-mail address someone'd have to check regularly. they could send PM's on the board? they could post at 23ae? they could just make their own issue? they could pass it to you and you could post it?

there are zillions of ways to get in contact with the editor of any given issue

I TOTALLY SYMPATHIZE with Discordians that want to play but don't want to post here. But come on, it's not that hard to transmit information.

Cain

There does need to be an intermittens.magazine@gmail.com or something address.  I would suggest only a couple of the editors have access though (after the President Bush spammer, it would be stupid to do otherwise). 

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2009, 03:52:56 PM
There does need to be an intermittens.magazine@gmail.com or something address.  I would suggest only a couple of the editors have access though (after the President Bush spammer, it would be stupid to do otherwise). 

And you could post the email address as intermittens dot magazine at gmail dot com (or whatever it will be).  I don't think robots can yet read that as an email address (I hope not).

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 04, 2009, 03:39:00 PM
Quote from: Cainad on February 02, 2009, 05:30:43 AM

How can they submit without joining? Some people are pretty scared of this place....

Oh young little Erisian,
or disciple of Mal's,
don't be scared of this place
just because we tip Chao's

Or because we have TGRR
or a HIMEOBS Bomb
Those are just here
to keep kids off the lawn

Don't fear discord dear kiddies,
don't be frightened or scared,
come join the PDians
just... Be Prepared.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 04, 2009, 04:20:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2009, 03:52:56 PM

And you could post the email address as intermittens dot magazine at gmail dot com (or whatever it will be).  I don't think robots can yet read that as an email address (I hope not).

oh, they can. but it's okay. more obfuscating than that is merely annoying for the real humans, and spamfilters are pretty good these days.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.