News:

Endorsement:  I am not convinced you even understand my concepts of moral relativity, so perhaps it would be best for you not to approach them.

Main Menu

The Newest HBO series "True Blood"

Started by The Dark Monk, November 18, 2008, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

i guess i am just used to the people you dump on being deserving of it,
it weird to see your aim be off,
its usually a rare occurrence..

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on September 25, 2009, 09:30:55 PM

i guess i am just used to the people you dump on being deserving of it,
it weird to see your aim be off,
its usually a rare occurrence..

"Church supplies" interfered with my aim.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

:lulz:     been decades since "church supply's" have been delivered to my temple (if it means what i think..)
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

Quote from: LMNO on September 25, 2009, 12:51:29 PM
Great.  Now I have the image of Ron Jeremy in a Surrealist French art movie.

:thanks:
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Telarus

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on September 25, 2009, 06:58:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 24, 2009, 05:37:39 PM
Actually, a program I have recently liked is Sons of Anarchy.  Organized crime, bikers, Nazis and a plot based on Hamlet.  What more could you want?

Also, Peggy Bundy looking ten times hotter than she did on Married with Children. Probably thanks to surgery and the like but still.

In all seriousness though, I love that show - that and Breaking Bad are two of the best shows to have come out on TV in a while and I can actually get excited about seeing the next episodes.

Agreed. My girl watches Sons of Anarchy and it's pretty enjoyable.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jenne

Now I have to go look into this Sons of Anarchy stuff!

Telarus

http://www.hulu.com/sons-of-anarchy

The show pairs Katey Sagal with Ron Pearlman (City of Lost Children, Hellboy) as her Ol' Man/leader of the gang.

I find some of the overt 'bad-boy' symbolism a bit fnordie, but the actual plot is good gangland drama mainly because you start getting interested in specific people, and then the shooting and explosions start and who know's who'll live through it.
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 25, 2009, 09:19:39 PMIn both cases I apologized because I was at fault, and the person I dumped on didn't deserve it.  Coincidentally enough, neither person saw fit to respond to the apology, and I honestly don't know what that means.

It means "Cain was out celebrating with his girlfriend her (provisional) pass score for University and didn't see this until today".

Besides, no harm no foul.  Its just dumping on an entire form of media annoys me.  Well, except in one particular case, interpretative dance is an abomination and should be destroyed.

Cain

Quote from: Telarus on September 26, 2009, 06:50:14 AM
http://www.hulu.com/sons-of-anarchy

The show pairs Katey Sagal with Ron Pearlman (City of Lost Children, Hellboy) as her Ol' Man/leader of the gang.

I find some of the overt 'bad-boy' symbolism a bit fnordie, but the actual plot is good gangland drama mainly because you start getting interested in specific people, and then the shooting and explosions start and who know's who'll live through it.

It looks like some of the same people involved in The Shield are involved with this, too.  That the fictional One-Niner gang was mentioned, and a detective from the series, Dutch, has been briefly sited, suggests they are, anyway.

I hope so, since The Shield was the second best cop show of the last decade, just coming behind The Wire in terms of plot complexity and moral ambiguity.  I'm already seeing shades of that in this.

Faust

Just watched the first five episodes, my god its terrible.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jenne

Ah, Ron Perlman...see, I used to watch him when he was Beauty's Beast...

Jenne,

Sadly, is old indeed

Telarus

HAHAHAHA, yeah. My girl showed me that after we had watched Sons of anarchy for a while.
Telarus, KSC,