News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

Cinnamon swirl cookies...

Started by Bu🤠ns, November 25, 2008, 05:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

...for your eatification

much anticipated--plagerized straight out of a cookie recipe book but so amazing they bear repeating:

Cinnamon Swirls:

1 Package (18 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
½ cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
½ cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

1. Remove dough from wrapper; divide dough in half. wrap 1 dough half in plastic wrap; refrigerate. Place remaining dough half in medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature about 15 minutes

2. Add brown sugar and cinnamon to dough in bowl;beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.  Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate until needed.

3. Roll plain dough on lightly floured surface to form 8-inch square. Repeat with cinnamon dough; place cinnamon dough on top of plain dough. Roll up doughs into 10-inch log. Wrap log in plastic wrap; freeze 1 hour.

4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut dough long in to 3/8-inch slices; place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack; cool completely.

5. For icing, mix powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in small bowl until smooth. If necessary, add additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until of desired drizzling consistency.  Drizzle icing over cooled cookies; sprinkle with nuts, if desired.

Makes 2 dozen.

Eve

Mmm. Sounds yummy and easy and terrible for you. I will be trying these soon. :mrgreen:
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

YUM I EAT IT!

Thanks Maude's! I will be making these awesome fucking cookies.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

welcome!!

i'm so happy about these.  they taste JUST LIKE those sticky buns.. (i recommend 10 seconds in the microwave for soft warm chewyness after the oven warmth has warn off). 

mrs burns is so amazing she'll make them pretty much every time i ask.

The Dark Monk

Every time you ask? That's awesome. I need me a cookie wife.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Bu🤠ns

Jenne

I think I may have to make these for our Xmas celebrations with the fam.

Sir Squid Diddimus

mmmmmmmmmmm

stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicky buns

Jenne

Quote from: Squid-diddle on November 25, 2008, 04:55:21 PM
mmmmmmmmmmm

stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicky buns

STOP!  :lol:  I am being tempted to go into the freezer and bake those forzen cinnamon rolls for breakfast...trying to be a "good girl" here and get rid of some pudge.

but the cinnamon compels me...

Sir Squid Diddimus

doooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Jenne

:lol:  squiddy dear, you is a pimp!

And yes, I think I have to now.

Sir Squid Diddimus

yeah. you have to.
it makes the whole house smell nice
(perfect excuse for baking ANYTHING)

Jenne

Heh, don't I know it.  Rule #1 in fooling people you cook = put an onion in a warm oven.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Damn, and here I have been wasting all this time fucking cooking. :lulz:

These cookies look awesome!!!