News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

stamppot spruitjes met braadworst en BIER

Started by Triple Zero, November 28, 2008, 08:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

stamppot spruitjes met braadworst en BIER

that's "mashed (potatoes and sprouts) with sausage and BEER" (parentheses added for order of precedence).

so I got 2 sausages, a bunch of potatoes, sprouts, and generic kitchen stuff.

first i cook the sausage, cause i'm having some bad days and don't quite feel like cooking at all, but i'm hungry. the packaging says i should soak the sausage in water first before baking it in a pan. i've never heard of this, and personally, i will not fucking stand for this, so instead i soak it in BEER and some stock powder.
cooking the sausage in a pan with a big piece of butter (which i let burn, do not do this cause you will have black bits in yr food), and eating it with some ketchup, it turned out really good.

so i saved up the butterfat and juices and shit from the sausage. also i sort of cleaned my plate from the ketchup and other juices back into the bowl that now contains beer, stock, juices and ketchup stuff. i will use this later on to make GRRRRAVY.

then i peeled the potatoes and cut two onions in quarters (i would have used more onions but i didnt have any) and started cleaning and peeling the sprouts and putting it all in a big pan with water, "hutspot-style" (which is: "throw eveyrthing in a big pan of water, boil, pour away water and mash it"-style), except then i thought, wait, sprouts taste much better when you caramelize them.

so i took them out and caramelized them in more butter and some garlic.

the water and potatoes and onions is now boiling.

also the second sausage has been soaking in the bowl with stuff. i didnt tell you this before, but you're supposed to read a recipe in its entirety before you try it, so that's okay. also i have been drinking BEER.

the second sausage is now also baking. in new butter and the previous butter from the previous sausage.

now i'm waiting for this to be sort of done, but in the mean time i will tell you what's going to be happening: i will turn the sausage so it browns evenly, i will finish caramelizing the sprouts (OSHIT brb) (LMNO said they're still good if they're a bit black right) and cooking the potatoes and onions, and then I will make GRAVY from the beer+juice+stock+stuff+butter in the pan and everything. and then I will MASH IT ALL TOGETHER. except possibly with the exception of the sausage. and possibly also the gravy, i'm not sure yet.

stay posted!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

okay a good way to keep the sausage warm (to which i added some garlic at the last moment) is to put it on a plate with some alu-foil. at least i hope it will be.

also, the idea to caramelize the sprouts is partly Regret's as well, because he hates sprouts.

and last but not least any stamppot can be improved by adding CHEESE. which is what i will do. it can also be improved by adding crunchy fried bacon cubes, but they didnt have the cheap brand of those at the supermarket and i'm poor so i didnt buy the other ones, but it would be a good improvement (like bacon always is).

now just to wait until the gravy is properly reduced and the potatoes are done.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

SUCCESS!!!!!

the stamppot is DE-fucking-LICIOUS and so is the SAUSAGE (second one seems even better than the first)

and next to cheese i added some thyme and salt and pepper to the mash. also the gravy because i saw the mash could use some extra goo-ishness.