Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on February 01, 2011, 06:55:00 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 01, 2011, 06:50:15 PM
There was something I had from there that was actually pretty good. Damned if I can remember what the hell it was though.

I believe it may have been called "wine".
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Suu

Not Birra Moretti?

Seriously, I swear that Peroni and Moretti are the only Italian beers in existence.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: NWC on January 31, 2011, 04:35:57 PM
Ok so guys, a new beer store opened up in my town last april, and no one told me about it! Well they did actually, but I forgot somehow. Anyway, I just got some late christmas cash, and I need to make up for lost time. Here's a list of all the beers they have, if you guys see anything that you've had and recommend, let me know!
:eek: Holy crap dude!  I wish I had a beer store near me that was 10% as awesome as that one.

Quote from: NWC on January 31, 2011, 04:35:57 PM(besides the obvious : trappists and whatnot, they have all that at the supermarket)
You know what, screw you!  :p  I have to drive an hour to find a store that carries a decent amount of the "obvious" stuff on your list.

Here, you want to start with this part of the list and work your way down:
Quote from: NWC on January 31, 2011, 04:35:57 PM
Brasserie   Description    Prix
QuoteJet Import   Corona 33cl   4,6°   2,90
Jet Import   Desperados 33cl   5,9°   2,60
Jet Import   Eku 33cl   11°   3,10
Jet Import   Gerstell brau 33cl    1,20
Jet Import   Heineken 33cl   5°   2,20
Jet Import   Negra modelo 33cl   5,3°   2,70
Jet Import   Pacifico 33cl   4,5°   3,20
Jet Import   Red Bull 25cl    2,20
Jet Import   Strongbow 27,5cl    2,50

But seriously, the ones I noticed on the list that I have had before and would give my recommendation for are Achouffe Houblon, Achouffe Mac Chouffe, Nice Chouffe, De Ranke XX Bitter, Delirium Nocturnum, Delirium Noel, Saison Dupont, Saint Bernardus ABT, Saint Bernardus Prior, Scotch Silly, Orval, Rochefort 10, and Achel Brun, but there's a whole bunch of stuff on that list that I haven't ever heard of before.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Suu on February 01, 2011, 07:46:37 PM
Not Birra Moretti?

Seriously, I swear that Peroni and Moretti are the only Italian beers in existence.

No it wasn't Moretti, and there are other Italian beers. They have craft beers.
Like:
http://birradelborgo.it/home.php

I had a stout with chilies (unimpressive)
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16043/43161

And here ya go
http://www.microbirrifici.org/beer_english.aspx

NWC

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on February 02, 2011, 12:04:49 AM
But seriously, the ones I noticed on the list that I have had before and would give my recommendation for are Achouffe Houblon, Achouffe Mac Chouffe, Nice Chouffe, De Ranke XX Bitter, Delirium Nocturnum, Delirium Noel, Saison Dupont, Saint Bernardus ABT, Saint Bernardus Prior, Scotch Silly, Orval, Rochefort 10, and Achel Brun, but there's a whole bunch of stuff on that list that I haven't ever heard of before.

Living in Belgium has it's perks :)

I get those trappists (Achel, Rochefort, Orval) at the grocery store, as well as all the Chouffe. I've had all the St. Bernardus and Délirium beers, and the Saison Dupont, but I'll give the other two a try! Thanks
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: NWC on February 02, 2011, 07:33:22 AMLiving in Belgium has it's perks :)
Yeah, but people in Belgium grow up on Trappist beer and Belgian chocolate and cheese, and think it's nothing special -- that's just what beer, chocolate, and cheese taste like -- and everything else is a disappointment after that. 

See, I grew up on Bud Light, Hershey's, and Kraft, and thought that was normal, just what beer, chocolate, and cheese taste like, and now I've got almost nothing but upside.

Quote from: NWC on February 02, 2011, 07:33:22 AMI get those trappists (Achel, Rochefort, Orval) at the grocery store, as well as all the Chouffe. I've had all the St. Bernardus and Délirium beers, and the Saison Dupont, but I'll give the other two a try! Thanks

De Ranke XX Bitter is a similar style to Achouffe Houblon, and Scotch Silly is a similar style to Mac Chouffe, if that helps you make up your mind.
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

NWC

Quote from: Pastor Miskatonic Zappathruster on February 02, 2011, 08:30:48 PM
Quote from: NWC on February 02, 2011, 07:33:22 AMLiving in Belgium has it's perks :)
Yeah, but people in Belgium grow up on Trappist beer and Belgian chocolate and cheese, and think it's nothing special -- that's just what beer, chocolate, and cheese taste like -- and everything else is a disappointment after that. 

See, I grew up on Bud Light, Hershey's, and Kraft, and thought that was normal, just what beer, chocolate, and cheese taste like, and now I've got almost nothing but upside.

Quote from: NWC on February 02, 2011, 07:33:22 AMI get those trappists (Achel, Rochefort, Orval) at the grocery store, as well as all the Chouffe. I've had all the St. Bernardus and Délirium beers, and the Saison Dupont, but I'll give the other two a try! Thanks

De Ranke XX Bitter is a similar style to Achouffe Houblon, and Scotch Silly is a similar style to Mac Chouffe, if that helps you make up your mind.

I'm American too, ya know. I've just been living here for a couple years.

And yes, that helps me make up my mind :) I'll be grabbing some De Ranke soon.
But not too soon, as on monday I got 6 new beers, yesterday I got a crate of cuvée des trolls, and today I grabbed 4 Paix Diex (because they're so so good and so hard to find). I don't think my girlfriend would approve if I hit the beer store again tomorrow, with 30-something high quality beers already in our apartment.
PROSECUTORS WILL BE TRANSGRESSICUTED

Slyph

Suu

I've had every single one of those.

Also: Richter brought over Sam Adams Black Lager. Good stuff!!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Luna

Quote from: Suu on February 03, 2011, 12:56:22 AM
Richter brought over Sam Adams Black Lager. Good stuff!!

Awesome stuff.   :mrgreen:
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Suu

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 03, 2011, 04:01:56 AM
Colt 45, Harp & Red Stripe  :lol:

With Bass and Guinness on top of the microwave.

Jenne

I was looking at that motley crew of beers.  I think I've had most if not all as well.  Not ashamed to say it, either.  :D  How do you know what you like if you don't TRY?!  But there are some awesome ones in there, too, like the Delirium and La Fin du Monde.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Slyph

Quote from: Suu on February 03, 2011, 08:19:29 PM
Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 03, 2011, 04:01:56 AM
Colt 45, Harp & Red Stripe  :lol:

With Bass and Guinness on top of the microwave.

And guinness on top of the bass