News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

ITT, Squiddy reviews beer.

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, November 30, 2008, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

The General and I mixed-a-six with a friend of ours a couple days ago...

The Dogfish Head Raison D'Etre and Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale were delicious, very drinkable and appropriate for the summer. The Dixie Blackened Voodoo is ALL MALT, but surprisingly not bad, The Bad (formerly Butt) Monkey Chimp Chiller Ale was another drinkable brew, but nothing special for a cream ale. Fuller's London Porter knocked my socks off with the coffee and chocolate flavors, and I can see myself enjoying it more in the winter. And the Negra Modelo, which I actually had never tried before, is a boring dark beer with little jazz, IMO.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jenne

Negra Modelo's like...unofficial CAn beer.  LOVE that shit--ironically found two empty bottles of it sitting on my picnic table out back--methinks my husband was enjoying a brew with his bro while I was gone.  *lifts eyebrow*

That's it--I'm haring off to Cost Plus this afternoon for beers and wines.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Dude the mexicans sit outside at the picnic table all day and drink Modelo at the Jalisco on the other side of the crick . (that was so fucking redneck)

I haven't had the bad monkey butt brew but the others are indeed a tasty choice.
Good job lady, good job.  :golfclap:

Sir Squid Diddimus

I decided to try a Florida beer.

I chose Inlet Brewing Company's "Monk in the Trunk"

I chose poorly.

It fucking tasted like Jupiter, Florida

barf barfitty barf barf barf
Do not recommend.
EVAR.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Also now forcing down something called "Red Head" from Dunedin FL
(pronounced: dun-eedin)

It isn't really good but it doesn't make me want to snap my tongue out of my face.

It's ok.

Suu

The Dunedin stuff is drinkable. My parents don't live far from there.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Iason Ouabache

Is it weird that I know where all of these Florida towns are because of Spring Training baseball?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 10, 2009, 06:31:18 AM
Is it weird that I know where all of these Florida towns are because of Spring Training baseball?

Naw, everyone knows at least one town in FL

I mean, this is the place where everyone goes to die, after all

Sir Squid Diddimus

I found a pilsner I like.

It's made by Erie Brewing Company and it's called Presque Isle Pilsner

Also, their Misery Bay IPA and Railbender are good.
(I bought the sampler doodad)
In fact, there wasn't one that I didn't like.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Last night I had this :

/
                                                                                                                                        11.5%
They had it on tap at the pub. WOW. It's a meal that's for sure. It's dense and thick and chewy. Will block out the sun like a ... um.... .. moon?

Anyway. It was delicious. You could definitely taste the chocolate and a wee touch of the chilis. The vanilla obviously made it smooth and it had some coffee notes. The head on it was as thick as frothed milk on a cappuccino.

DO WANT MOAR

Jenne

Ooh, that actually does sound yummy.  It's the time of year when the chewier, chocolatey beers sound so yum.  I can't drink more than one, though, because they fill me up too much, dammit.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I've found that my limit on these thick and chewy "seasonal" beers is two, then it's a switch to the IPA's or maybe a wheat beer if I'm feeling... well... drunk.

Sir Squid Diddimus

had this today
http://www.smuttynose.com/beers/seasonal_beers/smuttynose_winter_ale.html

meh.

but it's kinda crisp and has a low abv so you won't be all dry in the morning.

meh.

Dimocritus

Hey, so I came across a freakin' awesome beer the other night at the wonderful beer emporium that is Track 84. It's called Hop Goddess. I had never heard of it before. I honestly couldn't tell you anything else about it because I was already drunk when I got there, and it put me right over the edge of "drunk" territory into "what the hell did I do last night" territory. All I know is that it tasted like bliss.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Sir Squid Diddimus

sounds yummy.

i'm noticing a trend in hoppy beers lately.
like everyone's just over hopping their beers and calling it good.
i don't know if this is good or bad. kinda mixed feelings about it