News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Choose your Disorder.

Started by LMNO, December 24, 2008, 04:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Some people are still going around spouting off that we all need to "surf the wave of chaos", and "embrace disorder" and "don't try to order things so much."

But you know, all that's gonna get you is a clever way not to get pissed when you can't find your car keys.

You see, all Disorder is not equivalent.  Some stuff is just the inevitable, I-didn't-see-it-coming-ness that the Universe finds funny to throw in your face.  Other stuff is just you being a slob.

You can get the kind of Disorder where the girl you bump into on the bus turns out to be the love of your life, or you can get the kind of Disorder where you bang your shin on the edge of the nightstand, causing your grandmother's urn to shatter on the floor and slice the shit out of your foot, sending you to the hospital with a dead woman's ashes on your legs.

Just because Order and Disorder are both Illusions doesn't mean that all experiences have the same results.  Don't waste your time with the small, petty Disorders.  Get those out of the way.  Order them.  That's right, get your shit organized.  Make sure that when that Big Disorder comes down the pike, all the little Disorders are stowed away, and won't pop a hole in your tire.

Manta Obscura

Quote from: LMNO on December 24, 2008, 04:11:45 PM

Some people are still going around spouting off that we all need to "surf the wave of chaos", and "embrace disorder" and "don't try to order things so much."

But you know, all that's gonna get you is a clever way not to get pissed when you can't find your car keys.

You see, all Disorder is not equivalent.  Some stuff is just the inevitable, I-didn't-see-it-coming-ness that the Universe finds funny to throw in your face.  Other stuff is just you being a slob.

You can get the kind of Disorder where the girl you bump into on the bus turns out to be the love of your life, or you can get the kind of Disorder where you bang your shin on the edge of the nightstand, causing your grandmother's urn to shatter on the floor and slice the shit out of your foot, sending you to the hospital with a dead woman's ashes on your legs.

Just because Order and Disorder are both Illusions doesn't mean that all experiences have the same results.  Don't waste your time with the small, petty Disorders.  Get those out of the way.  Order them.  That's right, get your shit organized.  Make sure that when that Big Disorder comes down the pike, all the little Disorders are stowed away, and won't pop a hole in your tire.

This is great, LMNO! It's a shame that this wasn't in Intermittens 2. It would have made a great addition.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: LMNO on December 24, 2008, 04:11:45 PM

Excellent advice!! 

:mittens:

Cramulus

hell yeah, you need some order with all that chaos

both sides of the chao

Cain

Erisians: Acquiescing to the criticisms implicit in the Aneristic Delusion since before JFK was boffing Marilyn Manson, by complaining about disorder and stuff, cause it's not fair, Mom, it's not fair.

Brotep

Synthesis of OP and Cain = preemptively shattering your grandmothers urn (or not letting gramma get cremated because she might fall on your foot)

the last yatto

who needs short term memory if its not important enough to into backup long term then its trivial
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Requia ☣

Every time I try to organize my keys go missing.   :argh!:
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Knight of the Banana-shaped table on December 28, 2008, 02:29:59 AM
who needs short term memory if its not important enough to into backup long term then its trivial

:whack:

If your working (short term) memory isn't strong enough to process and relate complex ideas, they never get organized and integrated into your long term archives.1

1 - Jaeggi, S. M., Buschkuehl, M., Jonides, J., & Perrig, W. J. (2008). Improving fluid intelligence with training on working memory. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (online PNAS) - commercial IQ training software

Lol, PNAS.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A