News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Zenarchist Swordsmen

Started by Telarus, December 04, 2008, 06:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Halfbaked1 on September 29, 2009, 04:58:05 AM
I learned alot of my concepts of Zen from reading the Tao of Jeet Kune Do.  It wasn't until later that I read Musashi.  But I think my best summation of my search for Zen in my life is best said as...

I spent years searching for the understanding of Zen before I sat down and closed my eyes.

I don't seem so interested in understanding it now, so much as I simply enjoy the moments of Zen that happen in my life.

Zen is shit.  Absolute rubbish.  Brain-fapping.  A prank played on gullible roundeyes by Discordian Asians with nothing better to do with their time.  Peddlers of this swill should be defenestrated, long before they breed.  Really, enough is enough.  It's practicing to make yourself a bliss ninny.

Just saying.

TGRR,
Will make an exception for that Zazzen shit, but only if *I* get to have the stick.  And a clear shot at your fenestrates.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't even know what Zazzen is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

You pretend to be a holy person, and if anyone asks you a question, you smack them in the head with a stick.

Cramulus

zazen refers to how you sit while meditating

though I think Roger is referring to the part where you're deep in meditation, and the leader sneaks up behind you and CRACKS YOU WITH A CANE, thereby totally short circuiting your consciousness

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on September 29, 2009, 08:01:45 PM

though I think Roger is referring to the part where you're deep in meditation, and the leader sneaks up behind you and CRACKS YOU WITH A CANE, thereby totally short circuiting your consciousness

Yeah, that part.  Or when you're sleeping.  Or pooping.  Or driving.  I'm not picky.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on September 29, 2009, 08:00:16 PM
You pretend to be a holy person, and if anyone asks you a question, you smack them in the head with a stick.

Wait.  I'm supposed to wait for them to ask a question?

:(

Doin' it wrong.

fomenter

i think the smacks with a stick are mostly to keep those siting in meditation from falling asleep, day dreaming, or slouching into a comfortable position while doing the serious work of becoming a bliss ninny
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What the hell.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on September 29, 2009, 08:25:09 PM

What the hell.

That religion was MADE FOR ME!  Only I don't want to meditate.  I get my enlightenment from sex, religious substances, and pissing off my coworkers.  And hitting people with sticks while they contemplate their navels.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on September 29, 2009, 08:23:02 PM
i think the smacks with a stick are mostly to keep those siting in meditation from falling asleep, day dreaming, or slouching into a comfortable position while doing the serious work of becoming a bliss ninny

WRONG.  The smacks with a stick are because they've been bad little monks and they need to be punished.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Kai

Zazen is sitting.

I sit all the time.

Kai,

Likes to sit.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger