News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Homemade Bowel Disruptor Gun Theory

Started by indifferent betty, January 12, 2009, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indifferent betty

3D3N was chatting to me recently about the Grant Morrison comic Transmetropolitan. She informed me of an amusing weapon that the lead character Spider Jeruslam had, the Bowel Disruptor Gun.
I chuckled to myself a little (quite childish really, but making people poop themselves is funny), and then had a bad idea.
Surely, you could construct one of these quite easily A-Team-style with just an mp3 player, a high quality mp3 of the brown note and a directional microphone. The idea being that if the directional microphone only picks up sound from one direction, then if you use it for output instead of input, you can direct the sound (away from yourself, unless you're a fecal-loving-oddball) at some unsuspecting spag for shits and giggles. Literally.

Is this feesable to anyone else?
-----------------
-I don't need intelligent drugs Tom, because I don't know what they are.

Raphaella

I love Transmet. and I love Grant Morrison but Transmet. is written by Warren Ellis with art by Darick Robertson and published by DC Comics.

Other than that I would say that an IRL bowel disruptor would make TGGR's day. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Richter

It would be hilarious, but it all hinges on the existence of the brown note.  The only study I've seen done on it was on "MythBusters".  Not to disparage our good maniacs, but if they HAD run across solid evidence of said note, they'd never let them air that segment.  

If you research and DO find such a thing, I'd also guess there'd be some problems with directing and shielding yourself, even with a directional speaker.  (Unless you want to add noise countering speakers aimed towards the operator of said device.  
(This would be the easy part, comparatively, since you only want to cancel one specific frequency.)  

Things I know you CAN do with sound include causing headaches and possibly nausea with frequencies high enough, but this varries from person to person.  (Individual differences in inner ear structure and hearing damage.)

IMHO:  
If you want it to mess with people, then less messy solutions abound.  Matching the right memebomb to the right person will cause self defectation more easily, and be more fun than tweaking a dial.  

For self defense, I'd advise a stick or a gun (and learn what to do with it).

Researching and playing around with the idea is likely to learn you more about acoustics and electronics, which ARE good skills to have.  

If you've just bought stock in "Depends" or "Handi Wipes", then PM me about hiring as a consultant, and I'll help you develop an investment plan to promote pant - shitting products to boost your investment. :)

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat