News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

@gnosis!

Started by Bobby Campbell, December 08, 2008, 05:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Hello again, everyone!

Awhile back I posted the first issue of a comic called OKEY-DOKEY, half of which consisted of a narrative called @gnosis!  Since then many things have happened, and long story boring, I've relaunched @gnosis! as a free, weekly, web comic. Updated on Sundays.

http://www.ok-dk.net/Agnosis

We're 3 updates in already, so please feel free to dive in and enjoy!

I thank you for your time and this magnificent place for to bring & brag.

bc

Golden Applesauce

The best thing about comics is the way you can play images and words off of each other.  You've just captioned metaphysical bullshit on top of generic semidetailed pictures of old dudes.

Also,

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Hi again Bobby! Welcome back, I always enjoy these little gems you drop around here. Interesting comic you're brewing. I dig the art, but I'm having trouble figuring out what's going on. I mean like on page six for example - it's so dense it seems inaccessable. Is it something I'd get if I was into Crowley? Could you elucidate what takes place in these first nine pages?

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bobby Campbell

Hello Cramulus!  Quite nice to correspond again w/ you, sir.  Triple Zero also of course!

Yeah, let's see what we've got going here...

Admittedly GA is not necessarily entirely off the mark here that I've only just "captioned metaphysical bullshit" atop the artwork,  :fnord:

Though I actually haven't made up any words in so doing, just kind of as a promise to whomever should actually put time into reading this, the narration may be esoteric as all holy fuck, but it all means something.

I'm debating about including a kind of glossary database to go along with the works here... but anyway!

Episode One: "WHAT BUBBA HAD DID"

An elderly Shaman inhabiting a dystopian future enacts a rebellious plot, encodes his consciousness in an Artificially Intelligent robot as he passes away, the robot takes to Outer Space and sends out a rallying call to associates throughout history.

Episode Two: "WHEN KAIBOSH WAKES"

The rallying call reaches the alchemist Hadit Kaibosh, who has been kept prisoner in his own mind by "Empire Inc" (The series' demiurgic antagonist)  Kaibosh escapes his prison and joins in on the plot.

Episode Three: "THE STING OF THOTH" (part 1 of 2)

Starts off with a sequence in 1904 depicting the near simultaneous occurrence of the inspiration for relativity  in science (Albert Einstein), in literature (James Joyce), and in religion (Aleister Crowley), and thence into the actual event of the Pecos River flooding, which uprooted the grave of "Billy the Kid", and sent his body off into the unknown.

The rallying call now reaches Venus Ananda, a vegetation goddess, and she takes up her part of the plot.  Part of which involves the reanimation of Billy the Kid's corpse, as a thoroughly modern embodiment of the "God" of magick/communication ala Thoth, Hermes, Mercury, Prometheus, etc.

On page six we see Ms. Ananda entering into a trace for to perform her ritual, her narration involves and so induces the nature of her magic. 

Part of her magic being of an organic variety, it is grown through time, and the other part of her magic being of the womanly variety, she gives her life to the new born avatar.

and that's about where we are!

New episode this sunday, stay tuned!

Triple Zero

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 09, 2008, 12:55:35 AMThough I actually haven't made up any words in so doing, just kind of as a promise to whomever should actually put time into reading this, the narration may be esoteric as all holy fuck, but it all means something.

i know. i can get that from the way it's presented--not just made up shit, but it has meaning for you, and you actually do put in an effort on getting it out. i enjoy trying to figure it out, but i really appreciate that you're also there to discuss/explain stuff.

still haven't read anything, but bookmarked, btw. sorry no time yet ;-)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

Woohoo-very cool.  Bookmarked.

Bobby Campbell

Appreciate that, Triple Zero!

Jenne, also of course!

and really, now might not even be the best time to start reading it, waiting several more weeks for content to build up might be just the thing, the weekly format is really just to give me a structure to work within.

fine regards,

bc

Bobby Campbell

New Episode Up!

The Conclusion to Episode 3 needs another week's marination, so instead be welcome to enjoy:

INTERLUDE 01: Queste Del Saint Graal

Iron Sulfide

So far, it's like "The Invisibles"- only awesomer!

Will forward lynx on myspace! 

:rbtg:
Ya' stupid Yank.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Quote from: Bobby Campbell on December 15, 2008, 05:57:43 PM
New Episode Up!

The Conclusion to Episode 3 needs another week's marination, so instead be welcome to enjoy:

INTERLUDE 01: Queste Del Saint Graal
Very impressed with this. It reminds me of all the fleeting good stuff that 2000AD dropped the ball with. ;) Bookmarked!
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Awesome as usual Bobby!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I fully intend to read this once I get a chance. It sounds like The Illuminatus Trilogy's ill-fated lovechild with the offspring of The Invisibles and The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul. Which in other words, sounds awesome.

Plus, the more obscure and confusing something is, the more fun it is to leverage wikipedia to figure out wtf is going on. If all else fails, we can fanwank something and then call on the "author is dead" defense and state that your interpretation bears no more meaning than ours.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Great stuff. I especially liked the Timewave Alpha in episode 1. I was a bit confused about the (as of this writing) latest two episodes, though. I realize that the second to latest involved necromancy, but Billy the Kid = Hermes Trigmestos? Is this meant literally, or is it a joke on "osiris is a black god" &c? The latest itself is mostly confusing in that I'm unsure whether or not it is supposed to take place in a purely memetic universe (the inner universe of warring archetypes?) or in some place of arguable physicality.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.