News:

Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

@gnosis!

Started by Bobby Campbell, December 08, 2008, 05:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Hello All!

Pardon the delay in pulse pounding action, thanks so very much to everyone who has given @gnosis! a read, and an especially great big thanks to them what can actually enjoy it, and the ultimate thanks to them who provide feedback, it is most sincerely appreciated and quite very useful.

Since my last post I've finished the second half of:
EPISODE THREE: THE STING OF THOTH
The new pages start HERE.

and one other lil' sequence
INTERLUDE 02: Hunahpu & Xbalanque

Quote from: Enki-][ on January 01, 2009, 03:47:14 PM
Great stuff. I especially liked the Timewave Alpha in episode 1. I was a bit confused about the (as of this writing) latest two episodes, though. I realize that the second to latest involved necromancy, but Billy the Kid = Hermes Trigmestos? Is this meant literally, or is it a joke on "osiris is a black god" &c? The latest itself is mostly confusing in that I'm unsure whether or not it is supposed to take place in a purely memetic universe (the inner universe of warring archetypes?) or in some place of arguable physicality.

Hello Enki-][ !

Oh I like that, Tommy Thoth Trismegistus as the Black Sun.  Well observed, friend!  Billy the Kid kind of serves as an incidental medium for Hermes, and I don't mean to imply any literal equivalence.  What had happened was I had the 1904 sequence written where Einstein, Joyce, & Crowley have their epiphanies, and with the idea already in mind of a flood that should uproot a graveyard and provide a corpse for to necromance, I found that a graveyard was indeed flooded in 1904, and that it washed away the corpse of Billy the Kid.  I would have settled just for a historic 1904 flood, and made up the graveyard, and corpse.  Turns out I didn't have to!

Quote from: Enki-][ on January 01, 2009, 03:47:14 PMThe latest itself is mostly confusing in that I'm unsure whether or not it is supposed to take place in a purely memetic universe (the inner universe of warring archetypes?) or in some place of arguable physicality.

I believe the episode in question is "INTERLUDE 01: Queste Del Saint Graal"

About which you are correct that this takes place within an idea space, or "the mind indestructible" as the caption reads. Not that the caption provides clarity!  Just that there are sign posts in the narrative, however incomprehensible!

The sequence is an adaptation of a 13th century Holy Grail/Knights of the Round Table story.

Thanks for playing along!!

bc

Torodung

Quote from: Two Frame Animation on December 08, 2008, 06:36:01 AM
The best thing about comics is the way you can play images and words off of each other.  You've just captioned metaphysical bullshit on top of generic semidetailed pictures of old dudes.

Also,

Fuck you. The Bible is the best book of all, and every single word in it is made up!
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Bobby Campbell

This chapter is perhaps even more difficult to decipher than usual, but Marcelino's excellent artwork should more than make up for whatever degree of incomprehension you experience!

Falling on Deaf Ears
An article written by Toby Philpott w/ illustrations by me,
explaining the "Viconian Recorso", the topic of the current @gnosis! comic.

Introducing the OS A.I. Interface
The artificially intelligent system function from @gnosis! is online and waiting to chat w/ you! This is still only a beta version, but you can get the gist of the gimmick.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Awesomeness.

I should note that I am also very much enjoying Jokeland.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bobby Campbell

Very much appreciated, Enki-][ !

New Jokeland this week even, thanks again!

bc

Bobby Campbell

Triple Zero

hey Bobby, any chance that you'll be releasing these in .CBZ format?

stands for "comic book ZIPped", one ZIP file per issue, one JPEG per page (just rename gnosis-1.zip to gnosis-1.cbz)

it's used by comic book reader programs such as CDisplay. I love your comics, but I just havent had the time to read them all yet. CBZ/CDisplay would make that easier for me cause it remembers where I left off after I close the program (plus it does all sorts of rotating and paging things that make reading on my netbook just as comfortable as reading a real comic book).

and it's an extra vector to distribute your work from.

(I dunno maybe it's a bad idea)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bobby Campbell

Way right on, Tripzip!

I'm about maybe a dozen or so pages away from wrapping up the first collection, which'll go into print, .PDF, .CBZ, and whatever else I can think of.

I've actually kinda started to like reading CDisplay comics more than print ones even, crazy sacrilege I know, but still!

Thank you very much for explaining how to package the .CBZ file, I hadn't figured it out yet.

Excelsior!

bc

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bobby Campbell

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Philly Fillet on December 18, 2008, 07:50:29 PM
So far, it's like "The Invisibles"- only awesomer!

Will forward lynx on myspace! 

:rbtg:

I'd say not quite as awesome, but then, the invisibles is in color and has hawt chicks.  That plant chick is kinda hawt, but, y'know, she's black and white and kinda small.  I am definitely enjoying it though.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Oh goddess, the enochian! It's too early for me to try to read enochian.  :argh!:

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Bobby Campbell

Quote from: BabylonHoruv on June 08, 2009, 07:54:08 AM
Quote from: Philly Fillet on December 18, 2008, 07:50:29 PM
So far, it's like "The Invisibles"- only awesomer!

Will forward lynx on myspace! 

:rbtg:

I'd say not quite as awesome, but then, the invisibles is in color and has hawt chicks.  That plant chick is kinda hawt, but, y'know, she's black and white and kinda small.  I am definitely enjoying it though.

Very fair enough, BabylonHoruv!  Thanks for reading.  :fnord:

Quote from: Enki-][ on June 08, 2009, 11:20:33 AM
Oh goddess, the enochian! It's too early for me to try to read enochian.  :argh!:

Tell me about it, Enki-][!

However terrible to read, even worse to write!