News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

ILLUMINATUS! there i said it.

Started by Bu🤠ns, December 08, 2008, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elder Iptuous

*puts on his "thx for the torrent link" pants*

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: BAWHEED on December 11, 2008, 04:14:36 PM
Does torrent work for Macs?  I've never been able to figure out how to use it... but I am very computer retarded.

It should, unless you're a sucker like me and are located somewhere where things like torrents are blocked.

Try Tomato Torrent: http://sarwat.net/bittorrent/

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Ken Campbell's narration is a tad irritating.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Bu🤠ns

i hear that, my first impression was that too.  i got used to it after a bit.

Jenne

I've sat through 5 hours of Stephen Colbert reading HIS book...I could probably handle this too.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: BAWHEED on December 12, 2008, 08:21:17 PM

I met him once and he was a tad irritating. ;-)

Overall though, I really liked that the entire thing was produced by people who knew RAW and had heard him discuss the book several times (not to mention the pronunciation of names like Celine "Che Lean A" rather than "See Lean" which was how I pronounced it the first time I read it). Ken probably knew as much about I3 and Bob and the Producer/Director was a personal friend of Bob's for several years. Its not like the material was really prime for exploitation by some corporate studio, but I'm really glad it was done by people that grokked the material themselves. Even if it means Ken Campbell rather than Patrick Stewart or Christopher Walken doing the reading  :eek:

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bu🤠ns

i've grown accustomed to his voice...in fact i LOVE how both speakers alternate voices...it's a nice dynamic.  and even though ken sounds irritating, it somehow works really well for this reading.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 12, 2008, 09:21:17 PM

Overall though, I really liked that the entire thing was produced by people who knew RAW and had heard him discuss the book several times (not to mention the pronunciation of names like Celine "Che Lean A" rather than "See Lean" which was how I pronounced it the first time I read it). Ken probably knew as much about I3 and Bob and the Producer/Director was a personal friend of Bob's for several years. Its not like the material was really prime for exploitation by some corporate studio, but I'm really glad it was done by people that grokked the material themselves. Even if it means Ken Campbell rather than Patrick Stewart or Christopher Walken doing the reading  :eek:

yeah thats pretty nice and noticed that a couple different times with other things.  i think the interpretation of Hagbard's or perhaps Saul's voice is probably shared by most but i'm kind of curious as to how some others may have interpreted the characters' voices differently than as it was on the recording.  Howard, for instance, i heard soft, operatic and feminine as opposed to the cartoony, dumbell version on the recording.

hooplala

Quote from: Burns on December 13, 2008, 07:30:40 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 12, 2008, 09:21:17 PM

yeah thats pretty nice and noticed that a couple different times with other things.  i think the interpretation of Hagbard's or perhaps Saul's voice is probably shared by most but i'm kind of curious as to how some others may have interpreted the characters' voices differently than as it was on the recording.  Howard, for instance, i heard soft, operatic and feminine as opposed to the cartoony, dumbell version on the recording.

I am liking it much more than I was at the beginning, but I don't dig Hagbard's voice.  It's too slow, and doesn't accurately portray his zeal, at least not to me.  I'm not overly fond of Simon's voice either.  I think it would have been nice to have some other actors doing the voices as well... especially the women.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

fomenter

i put it in my cell  phone and started listening to it last night, so far i like it a lot. :D
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Elder Iptuous

I like how the readers have a hard time stifling laughter at points and you hear the non reading readers in the background sigh on occasion. 

I also thought Hagbard's name was pronounced differently (like 'seh-leen')
Most voices are different than how i recall imagining them....

hooplala

Quote from: Iptuous on December 16, 2008, 07:07:13 PM
I like how the readers have a hard time stifling laughter at points and you hear the non reading readers in the background sigh on occasion. 

I also thought Hagbard's name was pronounced differently (like 'seh-leen')
Most voices are different than how i recall imagining them....

It seems to me that there was a scene somewhere in the novel that hints at the pronunciation of Hagbard's surname... can't recall which part now... much the same way that RAW explains how to pronounce 'Ewige Blumenkraft' in Schrodinger's Cat by naming a character Eva Gabloomenkraft.  I will try to hunt it down...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Triple Zero

if her first name would have been "Avy", that would have been more accurate.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Depends on the accent being used I guess.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman