News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

The Thread for Intermittens #3: Weirdness

Started by AFK, December 13, 2008, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Blurb:

The editors of Intermittens would like to thank the noble Discordians who are Fighting the Good Fight on wikipedia. The article on Operation Mindfuck was nominated for deletion and hung in limbo for several months. The main issue is that though Operation Mindfuck has been going on since at least the 70s, no activities openly identify themselves as a part of Operation Mindfuck. The editors of the wikipedia article were asking, "Is this for real? And if so, [citation needed]." But seriously, have you ever seen a prank which identifies itself as a prank, right up front? Fast forward through several weeks of back and forth, and we finally managed to plug up all their holes with citations from Ivan Stang, the KLF, and reference to a few of the larger Golden Apple Seed Missions. On December 3rd, the debate ended with the Operation Mindfuck being voted Keep. Mittens will be awarded to all participants.

:mittens:

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Argh, computer froze last night, I have to let the batterly bleed out and then restart it.

Cramulus

alright, at long last---

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/cramulus/index.php?title=Weirdness_in_the_Strange_Times

I could use review / feedback, if anyone wants to take a read and PM me

RWHN - are there any components of this thing you'll need help with? I'm thinking specifically of a cover. This whole GASM thing lends itself well to asking for help and getting it, so is there anything I can do?

LMNO

Cram, that was a really good piece.  If anything, though, you talk a lot how it's really hard to be Weird in Strange Times, and you make a good case for it.  But, then, what is it to be Weird in Strange Times?

AFK

I actually have a concept for the cover.  I will have it up here in the next couple of days to get feedback.  And if y'all think it really sucks then someone else can have a go at it.  

AFK

Actually, I do have a question for prior editors.  What programs did you use to put your editions together? 

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I'm still trying to get over the fact that that poster is for a real event.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Telarus

I used Adobe InDesign for the new layout of Issue 01, although I am leaning more and more towards Scribus (maybe so we can get some Template pages done that anyone could use.. things like 2-3 versions of a templated Table of Contents would be useful). Need to start poking around with Scribus..
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on January 06, 2009, 07:13:20 PM
Cram, that was a really good piece.  If anything, though, you talk a lot how it's really hard to be Weird in Strange Times, and you make a good case for it.  But, then, what is it to be Weird in Strange Times?

My argument is that everybody is weird and that weirdness is everywhere. The irony then is that it's no longer weirdness because it's ubiquitous.

The other day I was talking to someone from San Fransisco who doesn't know any straight people.

This may seem odd, but in this century, nothing's odd.

Quote from: Guv. What's-His-Name? on January 06, 2009, 07:17:40 PM
Actually, I do have a question for prior editors.  What programs did you use to put your editions together? 

For Issue 1 I actually just used MS Word and then had Mourning Star convert it to a PDF for me.

MS Word's formatting procedures make me want to burn my corneas with a red hot poker.

AFK

Well, mine will probably be done in Word as well.  I'd like to be able to use a similar format for the Whoroscope that Vex did.  So Vex, when you read this, if you did yours in Word you could send it to me and I could do a copy/pasta treatment.  Or, I can just do it different. 

I have access to a wicked good PDF converting program so I'll be able to take care of that myself. 

AFK

Okay, here is one stab at the cover.

If you utterly hate the concept.  Give me a mock up of your idea.  Otherwise I'm open to pointers on how to tighten things up.  I'm not a professional layout person or graphic designer, so just keep that in mind. 

btw, if you see your name it's because you've either submitted a piece or have said you will submit a piece.  So update me accordingly.  Also, if you think I've missed you remind me what you've submitted and where it is located if not this thread or in my PM box.  Thankee much. 

the last yatto

Quote from: Enki-][ on January 06, 2009, 07:21:56 PM
I'm still trying to get over the fact that that poster is for a real event.

they have bowling balls  :lulz:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jenne

Khara, we need to step this bitch up.  PM coming.