News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Very Short Stories (3 sentences)

Started by Cramulus, December 15, 2008, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I started to play the song I wrote for her.
I had spent so long finely crafting this melody.
Something went wrong, and I was sleeping alone again. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

I can't seem to get my brain started in the morning.
Pulsing clockwork dreams are banished as morning light falls across cold solar panels.
But they won't do the trick alone - no computations will take place until I've poured another quart of oil into my ear tube.

Cramulus

My breath is quick like ghosts in the December air.
I duck around the corner, pressing my back against the bricks as I listen to the sirens pass.
Best $4.99 I've ever spent.

Cramulus

My cats think I've gone mad. But I'll show them. I'LL SHOW THEM ALL.

AFK

It was a very quick tumble down the stairs.
Much faster than I had anticipated.
But the slide down the bannister, THAT, was epic. 

Richter

I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned. It continued falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse. I have tried to speculate where it might have landed, but I must admit that such conjecture is futile.
              -(r.m.)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Eve

Quote from: Suu on December 16, 2008, 01:56:56 PM
Quote from: Eve on December 15, 2008, 11:02:14 PM
Quote from: Suu on December 15, 2008, 10:05:11 PM
And then, they peed their pants.

Eh.. no offense, Suu, but it's not exactly telling a story. I mean, if there isn't at least a little bit of embellishment to it, what's the difference between "here's a story" and "here's a sentence"?

It's kind of an old joke between my brother and I. He once took a paper I was writing in high school, and put "and then, they peed their pants" at the beginning and the end of it. Complete with illustrations. Not only did I almost kill him, but he insisted that all great literature needs to contain it or at least end with it.

Besides, Cram did say 3 sentences or less:mrgreen:

I will have to start putting that line in papers, just to see what happens. :D Your brother sounds very wise.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Malcoid the Malcontent

By the Gods did it hurt! It was even worse than the time he had gotten fulminating powder in his eye. Staring at his shriveled, smoking hand, Azathon began to consider whether alchemy was really his thing.

Cainad (dec.)

"Okay," I said into the cell phone, my voice just beginning to crack, "I'll see you later. Bye." I still had to go into the bookstore to get something, and I was suddenly very, very glad I was wearing sunglasses. The family cat of the past 17 years was gone, and when someone you've known your whole life suddenly dies the tears don't care who's watching.

Cainad,
Should maybe stop writing IRL stories

Richter

There was no reward, no happy ending, no great conclusion and end to struggle and toil.  Only a sight defying expanse of dessert and dune before me, extending off towards mountains on the horizon, another challenge, another part of life.  Smiling grimly, I knew I wouldn't have been happy with anything else, and began to walk.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Malcoid the Malcontent

Max was confused. "It worked last time", he assured his now restless audience. Maybe he wasn't using enough goat blood.

AFK

It was another crazy Monday Morning.
Mother loaded me into the cannon, per usual.
Someone must have monkeyed with the positioning because this time I ran smack into a tree. 

Malcoid the Malcontent

They had been watching Max fumble the innvocation for over twenty minutes now. Megan got up and went to the snack table, only to discover someone had eaten all of the rice crispy squares. This was the worst satanic ritual she had ever been too.

Richter

Peter Jackson had few regrets in life, but the ones he did have were worth it.  The foremost was his ill - fated decision to take Gollum out for sushi.  That and the time he got drunk with an Ent.

Cramulus

The jesus fish on my car seemed to be staring at the darwin fish on her car.
Like a sadomasochist who embraces both pleasure and pain, I sought to unify my attraction and disgust.
She mooned me with her eyes.