News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Incorporate the PD.com site?

Started by Cain, December 20, 2008, 05:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Who's up for some legal recognition?

QuoteIt is one thing to talk about the "virtual corporation" and online commons as new organizational forms. It's quite another to have those forms be legally recognized. Yet in a little-noticed law enacted in June 2008, the State of Vermont has formally conferred "legal personhood" on online communities that wish to form limited-liability partnerships.

The law was tucked into a bill called "Miscellaneous Tax Documents," but the new virtual corporation law has enormous implications. It enables people to come together as virtual businesses, with dispersed partners who may live anywhere, and avoid the usual requirements that the company host in-person board meetings, maintain a physical office and file paper documents with the state.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fuquad

Are we deciding to recognize the state in order for the state to recognize us?

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Fuquad

Cramulus

wait does that mean we could get sued?

and ho ho ho hold on, I may be way off base here, but don't we need to have been making money for a while to be an LLC?

anyway, yes

(as long as I don't have legal responsibility)

Fuquad

Quote from: Cramulus on December 21, 2008, 04:37:39 AM
wait does that mean we could get sued?

and ho ho ho hold on, I may be way off base here, but don't we need to have been making money for a while to be an LLC?

anyway, yes

(as long as I don't have legal responsibility)
It would mean the LLC could get sued.

As it stands now the owner of the site can be sued for whatever a LLC could also be sued for.

also: Articles of Organization: All LLCs must file evidence of their existence with the secretary of state (or some governmental office) of the state where they choose to be organized. The Articles of Organization serve this purpose and are the LLC version of a corporation's articles of incorporation. Although the specific information that must be included in the Articles of Organization varies by state, all LLCs must disclose their company name (which must conform to rules set forth by the state of organization), appoint a statutory agent and disclose their valid business purpose. The fees associated with filing the Articles of Organization also vary by state.

Faust

I'm gonna wait for a loophole that gets us recognition as a religion and thus tax benefits.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Faust on December 21, 2008, 03:19:52 PM
I'm gonna wait for a loophole that gets us recognition as a religion and thus tax benefits.
TITCM.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 21, 2008, 11:14:21 PM
Quote from: Faust on December 21, 2008, 03:19:52 PM
I'm gonna wait for find a loophole that gets us recognition as a religion and thus tax benefits.
TITCM.

Fixed.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Surely "shits and giggles" and "horrormirth" are valid business purposes?

If not, then I am at a loss to explain the existence of Blackwater.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Why not a digital Blackwater?

Do you have a forum that's gotten overcrowded?
Is your favorite digital hangout now full of jerk offs and assholes?
Are you looking for the peace of mind that only a horde of Digital Mercenaries can bring?

Contact HIMEOBS, LLC for all your Troll Merc Needs.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Reginald Ret

that is a fucking awesome idea!
getting money for trolling...
sounds like a plan.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"